Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Retrieving the caller's name and displaying it on CAD

Does anyone know how to retrieve the caller's name and send it to the CAD application? I am somewhat fimilar with CDA and adding, editing or removing fields and scripting, but no steps within the CRS editor allows you to obtain the caller's name. I would like to secretly gather the user's name, calling number, etc and provide this info to the agent so that's one or two less questions they would need to ask. If we can help it, I don't want to prompt the caller to enter their ID number but I want to determine this by the calling number and assume the caller is the person that owns the phone.

Currently, CUCM has an LDAP connection to Active Directory and UCCX appears to have some access to this information under 'Tools' > 'User Management' > 'User View'. I can see the GUI is limited to only 75 CUCM users so I am assuming when I search for users without a search critria, it only retrieves the first 75 users in CUCM at that momment, right? Does an db_cra exist for all users?

Thanks,

Mark                      

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Retrieving the caller's name and displaying it on CAD

Who are your callers? How reliable is ANI lookup? The best I have seen is at one customer where the success of ANI lookup runs at 70% - but most calls are from repeat customers (customers are in SAP), contractors and businesses using the same phone all the time. This is very high - typical industry figures for ANI lookup are as low as 25%.

Database lookup to your Customer DB.

Regards,

Geoff

Super Bronze

Retrieving the caller's name and displaying it on CAD

Hi

Just as an aside to the comments above, a scenario we see occasionally is where a desk provides an internal function (e.g. a helpdesk) and you really just want to get the name display (as seen on the handsets) onto the CAD display.

You can do this by  doing a reverse lookup over HTTP against CUCM. There are a number of posts around, these should get you started :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2065114

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3024617

A couple of notes:

- It looks up against the directory, NOT the actual calling line. So you can add stuff to the directory to get external callers to show up by name, but should expect the unexpected when you have shared lines (e.g. multipel directory entries with one tel number for whatever reason)

- If you want to do different lookups (i.e. get names back in a different format, get the actual line display name from CUCM, or lookup elsewhere) then you would need to either:

1) Do it via SOAP or another technology from the UCCX script engine

2) Put in a small external web service to do the lookups and allow UCCX to query via simple HTTP

3) Use a DB for the numbers so you can read/write to it from UCCX and regularly update the data from wherever you like

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies