Views
Helpful
Replies

ringtone not being heard

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have UCCE solution deployed and running. Typical comprehensive call flow is used. Caller goes through IVR self-service and then chooses to speak to an agent.

The issue i'm facing is that after the customer chooses to speak to an agent, the ringtone is not being heard while the agent's phone rings. I have checked the GW config (dial-peer - application/service - tcl scripts on flash).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Justine.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rhobab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Justine

Did you check that you have the ringback.wav file on the VXML gateway and the respective ringtone dialpeer? Also make sure that the codec in the ringback.wav file is the same codec you are using on your network.

Victor

View solution in original post

Sorry Rob Huffman, good reference but this is a CVP question, not IPIVR or UCCX.

rhobab is right.

1. Is the ringtone in flash?

2. Is the .tcl in flash?

3. Is the service configured?

service ringtone flash:ringtone.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english location flash
  paramspace english prefix en
!

NOTE: I realise you said "checked the GW config (dial-peer - application/service - tcl scripts on flash)." Just being comprehensive.

4.  Is the dial peer set up?

5. Does the dial peer (typically 91919191)  match the SIP config in CVP?

6. Do you have 91919191 in the "send to originator" table? (if using send to originator)

7. Do you have a SIP static route for 91919191 to go to the gateway?

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Justine,

Here is a good (older) reference. You should already have the ringback.wav file on board;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately. There is a ringback.wav file in IPCC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

This can be applied to the CTI Ports via the Device Pool (Network Hold MOH Audio Source) so it won't have any effect on other IP Phones. Also, leave the Network/User Hold Audio Source as standard for the Agent phones so that when they put someone on Hold the standard Audio MOH Source is played.

Cheers!

Rob

I had misplaced the ringback.wav indeed (I had placed it in the media server instead of the VXML gateway)

Thanks

rhobab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Justine

Did you check that you have the ringback.wav file on the VXML gateway and the respective ringtone dialpeer? Also make sure that the codec in the ringback.wav file is the same codec you are using on your network.

Victor

Sorry Rob Huffman, good reference but this is a CVP question, not IPIVR or UCCX.

rhobab is right.

1. Is the ringtone in flash?

2. Is the .tcl in flash?

3. Is the service configured?

service ringtone flash:ringtone.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english location flash
  paramspace english prefix en
!

NOTE: I realise you said "checked the GW config (dial-peer - application/service - tcl scripts on flash)." Just being comprehensive.

4.  Is the dial peer set up?

5. Does the dial peer (typically 91919191)  match the SIP config in CVP?

6. Do you have 91919191 in the "send to originator" table? (if using send to originator)

7. Do you have a SIP static route for 91919191 to go to the gateway?

Regards,

Geoff

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Geoff & Victor and most of all Justine,

Sorry for this "BUM" info

I should have just left well enough alone. +5 to you both here!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: