Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

rogger as IPCC domain controller

We have rogger1(Side A) and Rogger2(side B) redundancy at our site. Both run in syncronized mode. Rogger1 is domain controller and all the ICM servers are members of its domain. In case of failure of Rogger1, call routing is handeled by Rogger2 and no effect on IPCC. My query is that during the downtime of Rogger1 (i.e. Domain controller), if we need to restart any of the ICM servers, using which login account (domain or local) we can logon to that server? can we still use the domain login? Will using the local login account start the ICM services on that server without affecting IPCC operations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: rogger as IPCC domain controller

As Juan Luis says, you MUST have a backup domain controller.

Regards,

Geoff

4 REPLIES
Gold

Hi,

If you are running ICM version 7, Roggers can not be domain controllers. If you are running previous version the Roggers must be domain controllers.

RoggerA in previous versions is the main Domain Controller and Rogger B must be the back up domain controller.

If the domain controller is not available, you can not start up any component related to SQL Sever (Logger, Distributor, HDS, Dialer). In this case Windows security is used mainly for SQL Server autenthication. You will need to restablish the Domain Controller to have your system up and running.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

we are using ICM 6.0 in our setup. Can I find out the server role by issuing any command? After issuing nslookup & dc command, my server ip is coeerectly displayed but server name is displayed as unknown.

Green

As Juan Luis says, you MUST have a backup domain controller.

Regards,

Geoff

Cisco Employee

Hi,

try using LMHOST and preload you domain and DC info on the hosts, this should help.

You will need a DC available to satisfy the login requests.

Regards,

Riccardo

Views
Helpful
Replies