Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Route Requests from ICM

Hi All,

I am in the process of developing a Telephony Server Application, which talks to the ICM using the CTI Server Messages. The primary role of this application is such that, it does the call control functionality including the Routing part.

The requirement is such that, whenever ICM notices a New call, it has to send a message or a notification similar to a Route Request. The Telephony Server application will use this request and send back a target or a destination to the ICM, instructing the ICM to route the call to that particular destination.

From all the documentation that I could go through, I only understand that a Routing Client such as a Call Manager is the one which generarets a Route Request and the ICM sends a Route Response.

I am trying to figure out, if ICM can send out a Route Request and my application will send back the route response. Is there any thing that needs to be configured in terms of scripting? Also, I have come across an Application Gateway Node, which provides with the facility to interact with the External Application. It can send and receive data to and from an external application. But the catch to it is that an Application Gateway needs to be specifically written and then configured within the ICM. This again is a development overhead. I would only want to go ahead with this option, if there is no other workaround.

Looking forward for a solution to the problem.

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Route Requests from ICM

Hi Bhaskar,

you would basically need what in ICM terms is called a routing client, that protocol is not available as a customer API for now.

Interacting with the CTI Server is not recommended either, nowadays we suggest to interact only with CTIOS Server to better scale the actual client requests.

Without knowing anything on the specific it is challenging to provide you an answer on the feasibility of an Application Gateway Interface in your scenario, but generally speaking it might work, like using an IPIVR and a launch external application step might do as well.

Cisco is offering a fee based program called Dev Support Services to help on this and similar questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/svcs/ps3034/ps5408/ps5418/serv_home.html.

Regards,

Riccardo

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Bhaskar,

you would basically need what in ICM terms is called a routing client, that protocol is not available as a customer API for now.

Interacting with the CTI Server is not recommended either, nowadays we suggest to interact only with CTIOS Server to better scale the actual client requests.

Without knowing anything on the specific it is challenging to provide you an answer on the feasibility of an Application Gateway Interface in your scenario, but generally speaking it might work, like using an IPIVR and a launch external application step might do as well.

Cisco is offering a fee based program called Dev Support Services to help on this and similar questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/svcs/ps3034/ps5408/ps5418/serv_home.html.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks Riccardo,

Your reply to my question is highly appreciated.

I have one other question. I have come to know that using the Application Gateway node within the ICM scripts and configuring it with the External Application requires Licenses. Can you help me in getting information about these Licenses in terms of how to procure them and how much will they cost.

I would also be really grateful to you if you can provide me with the links that shows me how to go about developing an Application for use with the Application Gateway Node. Is there any sample available?

Thank You for your time and effort.

-Bhaskar

Cisco Employee

Hi Bhaskar,

I am sorry but your question on licenses is really for the commercial side of the company I would ask you to contact your Cisco Sales Rep for it.

Discussing with a coworker another scenario I thought of another way you might accomplish what you are looking for, it might be more laborious but it might fit your needs and trim down your costs.

If you have a Call manager like I presume and the IPCCX bundle, you could use a VRU script with a HTTP request to talk to your application or even create a VSDL if you are in the Web Services area and from the IVR issue the route request to the ICM.

The license fee on the ICM side for an IVR is lot less then the one for an Application Gateway ;-)

Cheers,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

Thank You for your reply!!!

I am looking for a document that might guide me in devloping an application for use with Applciation Gateway. Can you kindly help me on this front?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

Cisco Employee

Hi Bhaskar,

to access all the needed documentation you would need to subscribe to the fee based program DEV Support Services.

Regards,

Riccardo

Views
Helpful
Replies