Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing calls to Cisco Unity by ICM

Could somebody help me with following problem? We have Cisco IPCC Entrprise 7.0 and on some call center lines we need to route calls to Cisco Unity Interview Handlers. On CCM we setup CTI Route Point with call forward all to Unity. Interview Handler has number of this route point. We created label for each routing point (IVR and CCM) with value of this RP. We setup script that returns this configured label. If call was before traslation routed to IVR everithink is OK, however if it was not in the IVR than call is routed to this RP and to Unity, but original dialed number is preserved. This means that Unity is not able to recognise voice mail box. Have somebody any ideas?

Thank you,

Marcel

12 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Routing calls to Cisco Unity by ICM

Why don't you do the following:

1. Set a peripheral variable in the ICM script before you hit the translation route to VRU node to the "DialedNumberString" (see screenshot attached).

2. In your ICM script, use the "Label" node and use a "Dynamic Label" but instead of hard coding the number in the dynamic label, just use your peripheral variable.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Thank you for your response. I also tried to use dynamic labels and it is exactly same. If call was in IVR it works. If call has not been in IVR (CCM is routing client) than it is a case with my issue.

I think that problem is in actual call handling rather than in routing script. If call is routed from IVR, than it looks like new call is created and than the original and new call is merged. If call is routed directly by ICM than call is redirected / transfered and original DNIS is preserved and Unity see it instead of DNIS of destination.

Blue

So you did try getting the DNIS in the ICM script before it hits the translation route to VRU node?

adignan - berbee

No I did not. I think that I do not need original DNIS. Maybe I did not described the situation very good. I will try to be more specific. We have multiple call types with different Dialed Numbers 8099XX. In some cases call needs to be routed to some Unity Interview Handlers 8398XX.8398XX are routing points in CCM and they are set to call forward all to voice mail (CTI RP 84000). Those RPs are not associated with PG JTAPI user. Unity has mailboxes for those RPs 8398XX. When call arrives to one of the routing point controlled by ICM (e.g. 809911) and is routed to Unity (e.g. 839808) and routing client is IVR than it works. Unity see Dialed Number and Original Dialed Number as 839808. However is call is routed to Unity and routing client is CCM than Unity see this call with Dialed Number and Original Dialed Number set to 809911 and obviously it is not able to recognize voice mailbox. Do you have any idea how to change this behaviour?

Thank you for your interest,

Marcel

One solution I have used to this in the past is to force the IVR to handle the call by running an external script that does a Call Redirect to a number passed as a variable to the IP IVR . Hope this helps

Mark

Thank you, this will work. Also if I translation route call to IVR and then return label with voice mail box it works, but I am trying to find way how to avoid unnecessarilly occupying IVR pots and bouncing calls to IVR.

Hi Marcel,

You can trigger a the right Voicemail box b creating Device Target in ICM holding the same Dummy line forwarded to the Unity pilot number.

I am not sure if I answered your question

regards

Zaid

Hello Zaid,

thank you very much for your response. I tried it but it doesn't helped.

I have successfully done it using the Dynamic Label and returning a variable string as the label.

Thank you, than it means that solution is propably on IPT side. I tried using also dynamic labels but it does not work. Do you know what is your setting for transfers in CCM? When you make transfer what dialed number is shown (original DN, or last redirected number)?

Hi Marcel,

If I read it correctly. When IVR sends call to unity mailbox all is ok. However if CM RP sends call you get the unity opening greeting.

I had an issue where if cvp sent the call all was ok but if CVP servers are down I send call to a route point on th CM which again routes to label for unity mailbox, however I would get the opening greeting and not the correct mailbox.

If this is the issue, when IVR sends call to unity check on unity using call viewer the dialed number of the call. Then make the same call using CM RP and check the dialed number.

When you have that number (RP no.) add it as an alternative extension for the mailbox.

Worked fine for me.

Anthony

Anthony,

thank you you for your response. It seems that we have exctly same problem. I tried to use Unity call viewer utility and it shows different dialed numbers for calls from IVR and for calls from CM. I also thought about adding alternate extensions for mailboxes, however I can not use this approach in our environment, becaouse calls from one RP could end up in different mailboxes and each mailbox can receive calls from multiple RPs.

I decided to send all calls to IVR so IVR will always be RC for those calls. Now it is working fine.

Thank you,

Marcel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content