Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing on calling ID

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have a customer that would like to beable to route calls on caller IDs. If one of there VIP customers phones up they want the call directed straight to an Account manager. If any one else calls to a normal agent. Is it possible to do this and can it be done in ipcc express 4/5 and what lic would i need.

Matt

4 Replies 4

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Any one have a sample script or any thing for this that will route a calling number ??

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Matthew,

Did you find a solution? I have a similar requirement. Thanks.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry i havent been able to find a solution. Hoepfully some one sees this and can shed some light on the issue.

Matt

You can do this with the Get Call Contact Info step to save the calling number into a variable. Once you have that, you can evaluate it against a match statement, an XML document, or if you have premium, against a database such as your CRM system.

In the most simplistic example, you could use a match statement. Each branch of the statement would be a different calling number. Within that branch you could change the caller priority, the queue they will be placed in, or assuming that the account managers are not in UCCX, you could transfer the call to their directory number using the Call Redirect step.

If you will be changing this often I recommend investigating the external XML document or SQL database instead. This will minimize the changes to the script. Fewer changes equals fewer chances of screwing it up. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: