Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing redundancy CCM & IPCCX

I'm creating kind of emergency call centar

for tech support and it's mission critical to be available "25 hours of the day" i have CCM 4.1.3 cluster with one IPCCX 4.0.1

I configured CSQ routing, but want to have backup routing option in case of IPCCX failure, is it possible to integrate (have some kind of forward) CSQ with hunt pilot, list and group as backup, or personal forward busy no answer

Or is it better to have a hunt as primary routing option

What can i do to have these options kind of redundant

Thanx!!

Vlad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are right on the target, if you only have on IPCCX server, you can create a line group/hunt list/hunt pilot listing the extensions, and under the CTI Route Point pointing to IPCCX Application in the Coverage/Destination for Forward Busy/No Answer and On Failure enter the hunt pilot DN. Make sure that the CSS of the CTI RP has access to the Hunt Pilot Partition, if not then assign correct CSS under the Calling Search Space filed next to the call forward extensions.

Rate all usefult posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Why not take advantage of the hot-standby server option in IPCC 4.x? That will give you what you are looking for - backup in case of server failure.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are right on the target, if you only have on IPCCX server, you can create a line group/hunt list/hunt pilot listing the extensions, and under the CTI Route Point pointing to IPCCX Application in the Coverage/Destination for Forward Busy/No Answer and On Failure enter the hunt pilot DN. Make sure that the CSS of the CTI RP has access to the Hunt Pilot Partition, if not then assign correct CSS under the Calling Search Space filed next to the call forward extensions.

Rate all usefult posts!

Chris

Sorry

if i don't understand well

CSQ (as PRIMARY routing option) should point to HUNT PILOT,right, actualy my misunderstanding is how do i connect CTI Route Point to Hunt Pilot or is it versa

and how do i configure that

Thanx

I will rate ASAP

Vlad

Here are the steps to take:

1. On CallManager create a line group, list all the extension in this line group that are used by the agents. You have an option of algorithm to select, I like to use broadcast to ring all phones, in case one agent did not show up to work

2. Create a hunt list, add the line group to the hunt list

3. Create a hunt pilot, assign the hunt list to the hunt pilot

4. Locate the CTI Route Point pointing to the IPCCX applications, and under ALL forward options except the Call Forward All, enter the Directory Number of the Hunt Pilot. This way if the IPCCX is down the CallManager redirects the calls to the line group members in broadcast or any fashion you'd like.

Again, all the configuration is done on CallManager, since it is assumed that IPCCX is down at the moment.

Chris

Hey Chris

Thank You

i know about hunt pilot config

But my concern is configuring CTI Route Point and pointing to IPCCX

I have CSQ routing to ResourceGroups

What i meant is, how to connect CCM and IPCCS with CTI RoutePoint, do i associate it with agent's DNs or

do i associate rm user with it

Please those steps are what i'm interested with

Thank You

I have one more trivial question actually

How do i make CCM forward or distribute calls to IPCCX

RESOURCE GROUP where my agents belong

How CCM and IPCCX actually talk to each other!!

Thanx

Did it

Thanx Again!!

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: