Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing to preferred agent

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i'm trying to route calls to preferred agent ID, and i require assistance in configuring it.

I am using queue to agent node, i have created a enterprise skill group. what else should be there.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to be clear, this is usually called "Last Agent Routing".

There is no "out of the box" method. You would have to build something.

What identifies the customer? Their ANI? I would not do anything on that.

Entering their customer number at the IVR? OK.

The latter is clearly superior and gives you the opportunity to dip into the database.

When I did this, we used a 24 hour window  - if you called back within 24 hours the last agent you spoke to (recorded in a table as teh Peripheral Number, with the Customer ID and a date/time stamp) would be passed up from CVP to ICM and the Queue To Agent node (as I described above) selected the correct agent. If the agent was not logged in, it went a more general skill group. After 20s of queuing against the preferred agent (you can play a special message) it also went to the more general skill group.

Now you are going to ask me how the entry gets into the database. I cannot give you the exact solution I used, but can just indicate possibilities.

One easy way is through a client-side modification. A custom CTIOS desktop can trigger an action on call established to use ODBC to add the entry to a table in a central database. This is pretty easy code to write in VB.NET. The customer number is coming over as a Peripheral Variable. The agent ID (Peripheral Number) is known by the Soft Phone. Away you go. This is really easy. If a customer calls back immediately you can find the "Last Agent".

The Route_Call_Detail table records when routes are completed to an agent with their unique SkillTargetID. The corresponding Peripheral Number can be obtained from the t_Agent table. You are not  allowed to write a trigger on this table. You are not allowed to have scheduled jobs that query this table on a regular basis and write the successful routes to another table that CVP might be looking at.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I imagine you are using the "indirect" setting in the Queue to Agent node.

As well as the Enterprise SG, you need a matching Enterprise Route.

Once the agent is assigned to one of the Skill Groups that the Enterprise Skill Group manages, you are almost done.

You just need to set the other item in the Queue to Agent node to the Peripheral Number of the agent in question, and you are finished. The Peripheral Number can be achieved through a formula, if required - you may have set up the Dialed Number in a special way, with the Peripheral Number at the end, and you can pull the PN off with the substring() function.

If you were using the "direct" setting you would select the agent from the drop-down box.

It all works just fine.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

what i mean by preferred agent here is Customer preferred agent. Let's say a customer call call center and speaks to Agent A. what i want next time he calls is to queue his call to that agent, and in case he's not available to queue a call to a skill group.

Is there any build in variable that stores this preference? Any alternative way is also welcomed.

Thanks for your usual support,

Just to be clear, this is usually called "Last Agent Routing".

There is no "out of the box" method. You would have to build something.

What identifies the customer? Their ANI? I would not do anything on that.

Entering their customer number at the IVR? OK.

The latter is clearly superior and gives you the opportunity to dip into the database.

When I did this, we used a 24 hour window  - if you called back within 24 hours the last agent you spoke to (recorded in a table as teh Peripheral Number, with the Customer ID and a date/time stamp) would be passed up from CVP to ICM and the Queue To Agent node (as I described above) selected the correct agent. If the agent was not logged in, it went a more general skill group. After 20s of queuing against the preferred agent (you can play a special message) it also went to the more general skill group.

Now you are going to ask me how the entry gets into the database. I cannot give you the exact solution I used, but can just indicate possibilities.

One easy way is through a client-side modification. A custom CTIOS desktop can trigger an action on call established to use ODBC to add the entry to a table in a central database. This is pretty easy code to write in VB.NET. The customer number is coming over as a Peripheral Variable. The agent ID (Peripheral Number) is known by the Soft Phone. Away you go. This is really easy. If a customer calls back immediately you can find the "Last Agent".

The Route_Call_Detail table records when routes are completed to an agent with their unique SkillTargetID. The corresponding Peripheral Number can be obtained from the t_Agent table. You are not  allowed to write a trigger on this table. You are not allowed to have scheduled jobs that query this table on a regular basis and write the successful routes to another table that CVP might be looking at.

Regards,

Geoff

Can Cad write to datbase as well?

CAD workflow can do many things. It can certainly fire an executable to which you pass the appropriate parameters as command line parameters. This self-contained executable could easily open an ODBC connection to the DB, insert a row, close the connection, and exit.

Regards,

Geoff

it is really strange that an enterprise solution does not have this feature built in, whereas UCCX does.

Anyway thanks for your help.

it is really strange that an enterprise solution does not have this feature built in, whereas UCCX does.

Not so strange - different platforms. Can UCCX handle 4000 agents logged in at different contact centers around the country on a range of switches - CUCM, Aspect, Avaya?

I'm not familiar with all the UCCX features, but just remind me - are you saying that UCCX can automatically do "Last Agent Routing"?

Regards,

geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: