cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Say It Smart Error

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a CVP Studio application that speaks back several pieces of data after a web service call.  I am using say it smart to read this data back to the caller.  I am receiving the following error when I try to have it read back a numeric value.

com.audium.server.sayitsmart.SayItSmartException: SayItSmart Error - Digit: This type does not support non-numerical values. The value entered was "8200".

The value is numeric and I have replaced the value with the actual number to test and it works fine then.  Anyone else run into this issue?

We are running CVP 7.0(2) ES31.

2 Replies 2

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean when you say it works when you replace the value with the actual number to test? Are you surrounding the number with quotes when you are typing it in? Enter it without quotes if so.

To answer your question, I captured the data from the web service and placed it in a session variable.  The value returned was 8200.  In the say it smart data field, I have the reference to the session variable.  I would receive the error every time, no matter what value was returned.  I then replaced the data field value with a static value of 8200 and it worked fine.

I did some additional research and found that the web service was actually returning 8,200 rather than 8200.   I had to build a simple element to remove the comma and it works like a charm now.  It's kind of strange that the error did not show the comma.