Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Script help - IPCC 7.5 CVP 7.0

I have been trying to find a script that will work with CVP 7.0 and IPCC 7.5 allowing us to mimic a setup we have with IPCCX.  I have offices that want to be able to do the following:

1.  Dial a number and get a prompt to record a new closed message

2.  Once recorded, press a number on the phone to activate the message and tell the TOD service to close the office.

or

1.  Dial a number to record a new message to overwrite existing

2.  Once recorded press a number to active the new message and over write the existing.

We had a simple script with IPCCX IVR, but no one seems to know how to accomplish this with IPCC and CVP.  Any help or examples would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: Script help - IPCC 7.5 CVP 7.0

You can do this with the Recording Element in CVP VXML (Audium). It's quite easy to use.

You do need to deal with a couple of related issues:

1. You need to get the recording from where CVP VXML puts it to your Media Stores (assuming you have two). There is an FTP version, but it only allows one target. I wrote a custom element to FTP a file to a target, and simply use it twice.

2. The lifetime on the Web server (Media Store)  must be short enough to enable a newly deployed message to be played back - need to overcome the HTTP client cache on the gateway. Just have a special folder and adjust the Expiration in IIS. Your FTP server must be able to drop the file there. Sometimes permissions can be tricky.

3. Once you have the recording in place, the next bit is easy. The DTMF entry can set a global variable. All of your entry scripts will check that variable to see what to do.

4. Normally you attach a PIN to this IVR service and check the PIN before allowing operations.

Regards,

Geoff

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Script help - IPCC 7.5 CVP 7.0

You can do this with the Recording Element in CVP VXML (Audium). It's quite easy to use.

You do need to deal with a couple of related issues:

1. You need to get the recording from where CVP VXML puts it to your Media Stores (assuming you have two). There is an FTP version, but it only allows one target. I wrote a custom element to FTP a file to a target, and simply use it twice.

2. The lifetime on the Web server (Media Store)  must be short enough to enable a newly deployed message to be played back - need to overcome the HTTP client cache on the gateway. Just have a special folder and adjust the Expiration in IIS. Your FTP server must be able to drop the file there. Sometimes permissions can be tricky.

3. Once you have the recording in place, the next bit is easy. The DTMF entry can set a global variable. All of your entry scripts will check that variable to see what to do.

4. Normally you attach a PIN to this IVR service and check the PIN before allowing operations.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content