Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting - Seasonal Message Automation

So i see time of day and day of week scripting, i also see holiday scripting.

What i'm trying to find is some sort of way to automate the option for two separate prompts to be played based on the season of the year.

Basically in the spring/summer, play the streetcleaning schedule prompt, in the fall and winter play the snow plow schedule prompt.

I'm thinking there's got to be an easier way than putting in all the dates as "holidays" for one of the messages...similar to a check "is it after X day, but before Y day?" play message 1, if not play message 2.

ideas?

7 REPLIES

Re: Scripting - Seasonal Message Automation

Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

Well yeah.  If your seasons have a discrete start/stop date then you just need to do a logic check on whether the current date falls within a particular range.  You would likely want to convert the dates to unix/epoch time to make the math easier.

The approach I use to convert dates to values that make your type of request easier is captured here (quick read):

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/crs-script-workaround-for-time-ms-issue.html

Once you convert then you can use if X > A and X < B.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Super Bronze

Hi

AS you suggest, a simple way would be to check the day of year from 1-365 and compare it to whenever your seasons change.

You can use D[now].doy to return the day of year in that format, then say if it's between 123 and 225 then it's Spring/Summer, otherwise Winter (obviously adjust my made-up figures for something applicable locally).

If

D[now].doy > 123 && D[now].doy < 225

True - summer prompt

False - winter prompt

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

p.s. anyone noticed the mail-in responses to the forums aren't working great today?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes.  I responded to this thread several hours ago and then noticed that my response wasn't showing up.  Same is true for several other replies.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Green

aaronharrison wrote:

p.s. anyone noticed the mail-in responses to the forums aren't working great today?

Not that I would probably use it, but I did not even know you could do that.

Regards,

Geoff

but I did not even know you could do that

Ditto

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
VIP Super Bronze

I can't resist: Geoff/Anthony- Do you ever RTFM?

At the bottom of every email notification Jive includes this:

To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to
this email or visit the message page:

If you post by replying to this email:

1. Remove any private information from your email signature (phone number, address, etc) as it can be accidentally posted.

2. Be sure to leave the square-bracketed text at the end of the subject line as it is. This will help ensure that your message is posted correctly.

That would explain why I didn't know; I don't subscribe to e-mail notifications.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content