Views
Helpful
Replies

self-service application choices

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

here is the thing,

customer currently has ipcc express 3.5 installed on ccm 4.0. he wants to now have a self-service type environment running as well.

the self-service app will be integrating with a SQL database. can i use ipcc 3.5 or do i have to upgrade. what about licensing?. and what are some of the other considerations.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can use IPCC 3.5 in order to integrate a self-service application with a SQL Server Database. The only thing is that you will have to upgrade to IPCC Express Premium because it is the only version that can be access to a database source through ODBC.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

ive also been doing some reading and saw that i need to go through cisco bid assurance to ensure that i have TAC support. whats the procedure.

thanks again

Hi,

I think that you only need to go through bid assurance if you are planning to add ASR or TTS supoort to IPCC Express or IP/IVR.

You can check this URL for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_how_to_order.html

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Final question,

so if i already have an ipcc standard implement, want to upgrade to premium for the database integration, can i place the order through a partner and do the install myself (provided im capable). or do i need to have the partner install. im asking this because there is a customer that requires this and is asking me to perform the install. i am "somewhat" familiar with the installation and scripting process however, i know that i have to pass all IPCC configurations through a partner. i just need advise on the standard operating procedures on this type of scenario.

thanks again