Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Send a caller to VM if no Agent logged in

Hello,

Customer wants a change where when the caller selects 2 for accounting, then 1 for account receivable and no agent is logged in that it goes straight to a vm box which is an agents personal extension.  How do I make that transfer occur without it ringing the extension first?  I thought I could put a * in front of the extension for the VM variable name but that failed.  Other way is create a CTI port forwarding direct to that extension VM and assign it to the variable.  Looking for a "cleaner" way.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Send a caller to VM if no Agent logged in

Since the cti RP extension is going to have this 1111 prefix the VM profile would strip it before sending the call to voicemail. Alternatively you could use alternate extension or routing rule.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

5 REPLIES

In CUCM create cti RP shuck as 1111xxxx where last 4 digits are for the extension, set it to forward all to VM and add a VM profile to it with mask of XXXX, then in the script perform call redirect to it 1111xxxx.

Chris

I understand but you lost me at "add a VM profile to it.." 

Since the cti RP extension is going to have this 1111 prefix the VM profile would strip it before sending the call to voicemail. Alternatively you could use alternate extension or routing rule.

Chris

Easy to do, just did one this morning.

In UCCX.

Get reporting Stats... for loggend in users

then do an if statement if Stats = 0 then

redirect to a phone number

In call manager create a CTI Number with all of the Voicemail options checked.

In Unity go to the voicmail box that you want the message to show up in and add an alternate extension.

done

I'm all set.  I went Chris's route.  If i have to do something similar in the future I can reuse the call direct without having to touch CUCM.  I appreciate the responses...always great to see what other solutions are out there.

Views
Helpful
Replies