Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Sending call to an outside line

Our contact center wants to expand its hours. What they want to happen is that after 6PM the phone would go to a cell number that someone will be answering. I see there is a call transfer command, but not sure if this is the best way to go. We would prefer if we could record how long the phone call lasted, but that just does not seem possible trying to kep the call alive.

Has anyone else done this and is this something fairly easy to do? Not too sure from what I have been searching the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any pointers!

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Sending call to an outside line

Off-net agent destinations are not natively supported by CCX. The best you can do out of the box is a Call Consult Transfer to the number and disable voicemail on that cell phone. If the call RNAs or receives a busy signal, the Call Consult Transfer step can take further treatment of the call. Your reporting will show the call as a transfer out and will not include duration since it was transferred out of the CCX MIVR engine.

This is possible if you add a third-party product such as Radianta's Remote Agent.Express. The product essentially uses a CTI Port with the agent's ICD extension assigned to it for CCX to interact with. This allows CAD to function with an off-net number since it think's it is actually an on-net number. The third-party product handles bridging that call between the CTI Port and the off-net destination.

4 REPLIES
Green

Usual question.

UCCX or UCCE?

If UCCE, IPIVR or CVP?

If CVP, H.323 or SIP?

Provide product version numbers.

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

You think by now I would remember ot add that. We are running UCCX v7.0. W ejust upgraded from 4.0, though that doe snot matter to much to this discussion. UCM is on version 7.1, if that helps.

I figure that had to be some samples out there on the internet, but for some reason I just can not find them. I am probably typing my search criteria in wrong.

Talk to you soon!

VIP Super Bronze

Off-net agent destinations are not natively supported by CCX. The best you can do out of the box is a Call Consult Transfer to the number and disable voicemail on that cell phone. If the call RNAs or receives a busy signal, the Call Consult Transfer step can take further treatment of the call. Your reporting will show the call as a transfer out and will not include duration since it was transferred out of the CCX MIVR engine.

This is possible if you add a third-party product such as Radianta's Remote Agent.Express. The product essentially uses a CTI Port with the agent's ICD extension assigned to it for CCX to interact with. This allows CAD to function with an off-net number since it think's it is actually an on-net number. The third-party product handles bridging that call between the CTI Port and the off-net destination.

Community Member

Thanks for the great response. This spells out what needs to be done and what I have to look forward to if we continue to go down this route.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content