Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending UUI data out from ICM/CVP

paul jurkowski
Level 1
Level 1

C VP 7.0.2, ICM 7.5.8

Is it possible to populate the microapp.uui and send that out to another ACD (Avaya) and have them receive this data in the ISDN UUI field. We are using H.323 right now, all the documentation refers to SIP. Any experience or additional info would be helpful. Using transfer connect as well. Currently we don't appear to be receiving UUI data either but in this scenario, we would be wanting to send custom data (account number, billing phone number, etc), not the UUI received from the originating call.

On a side note, has anyone ever been able to get Translation Routing to work between ICM and Avaya and pass the data over succcessfully. According to Cisco, PV 5 would translate to the Avaya UUI field. We already have a PG at this Avaya site but UUI appears to be the desired method of delivery and I stress desired. According to a few peers, trans routes seem to be a little more difficult than the supplement indicates.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Paul,

No real experience with UUI, but I am pretty sure UUI was added under H.323 as well. I remember talking to Janet Byron about it one day in Brussels. My memory could be faulty though.

Regards,

Geoff

Bypassed this by just using trans routes and populating Var5 (I think that's the variable) with CED which was the billing number of the customer, hence populating the CTI/custom desktop app. Works for me.

For future reference : receiving UUI data into your ECC variables and indlcuding the same UUI data in outgoing SETUPs has been supported for ages. Modifying / including new UUI data in outgoing SETUPs is pretty new, support was introduced in CVP 8.0 or maybe even 8.5 and 'm pretty sure it's a SIP only feature. But now you can essentially put whatever you like into the UUI ECC variable before you produce a label and we'll push out that data. It's covered in fairly decent detail in the Configuration Guide

Cheers,

Kris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: