Views
Helpful
Replies

separating a string into individual icm numbers

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Based on a requirement icm is going to get a string value like 88017878|880188|880123 example which are the 3 pstn numbers which i need to send as dynamic label of each phone number and if one phone is busy dialing the second one.Is it possible to seperate these numbers in to individual numbers 88017878,8801188 etc based on the operand |.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The ICM substring function can easily decompose the string value into the three component parts.

Whether you can actually deal with calling the first, checking that it is busy, and trying the next is dubious.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Goeff

The substring too has substr(string, start [, length] where string,start digit n length needs to be given.The length in our case is variable as it could be a hand phone number or a land line number.So there is not way i can set the start digit n length there.Even if i am able to filter it out n store it n diffrent variables i can check for the availabilty of the phones n use them accordingly....

The length is optional. If you want the substring from a known (fixed) position to the end of the string of different lengths, then use the substring function that way.

If you need to decompose into fixed,fixed,variable you could use two substring functions in a sequence.

Try this - it can work for you.

Regards,

Geoff