Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Service level calculation

I need to calculate a combined average service level for two different call centers. Now the issue is that one call center is open 24 hrs and the other one is open from 8 am to 5 pm. What would be the best way to do this. 

Also I am using ServiceLevelToday from call type real time table.  So when there are no calls, should the SL show as 100 or 0 in this table ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

it's simple math.

(a1+a2) / (b1+b2) =|= avg((a1/b1),(a2/b2).

It depends what you want. But I guess "my" calculation would return a more precise number.

G.

10 REPLIES

Hi,

are we talking about real time or historical reporting? Call_Type_Real_Time is a realtime table, meaning it cannot be used for historical reporting.

If you have two call centers, you should have two different CallTypes to have clear picture about the number of calls going through that particular call center.

Again, it depends if you want to generate historical reports or realtime. If historical, I would probably use the Call_Type_Interval table (assuming you have at least ICM 8.0(x)), then do the following calculation:

+

/ +

G.

I have to use real time since it is tied to reader boards and we need real time from call type real time table. Can we use this table ?

I see.

Yes, of course.

(ServiceLevelCallsToday for CC1 + ServiceLevelCallsToday for CC2) /

(ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday for CC1 + ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday for CC2)

G.

Thanks. I was looking at current service level calculation and it uses ServiceLevelToday directly.  Can I use that instead of

what you have above and do a average:

avg(ServiceLevelToday) (CC1) + avg(ServiceLevelToday) (CC2)

How will it be different from what you have ?

Er... those are two completely different calculations.

You take the average of a number which yields a number and then add another number. This will yield the sum of two averages. Just imagine: Service level is 100% for both CC1 and CC2, this will give you 200% - is this what you want?

G.

Oops I meant to do

(avg(ServiceLevelToday) (CC1) + avg(ServiceLevelToday) (CC2))/2

Will that work ?

However in my calculation, if no calls are coming in when one of the CC is closed, I am not sure it will work well.  I will need to check the values of ServiceLevelToday when call center is closed and also from your formula  what the values

of ServiceLevelCallsToday for CC2 when CC2 is closed.  I presume it is zero, but need to verify.

I would definitely use this calculation:

ServiceLevelCallsToday and ServiceLevelCallsOfferedToday between the start of day and "now" for a closed call center would be equal to 0. So if one call center hasn't opened yet today, and the other is open, the calculation above would provide the Service Level for that one call center only.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi,

it's simple math.

(a1+a2) / (b1+b2) =|= avg((a1/b1),(a2/b2).

It depends what you want. But I guess "my" calculation would return a more precise number.

G.

Thanks Guys. I apprciate the discussion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content