Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Service Level Settings on Skill Group - ICM 8.5

Hi,

Customer would like to set different service for different skill group as the business requirement.

SG1 - 80/20 (80% of the calls should be answered within 20 seconds)

SG2 - 90/20 (90% of the calls should be answered within 10 seconds)

SG3 - 70/30 (70% of the calls should be answered within 30 seconds)

SG4 - 60/40 (60% of the calls should be answered within 40 seconds)

But we are getting only threshold field on the Skill Group configuration where we can set only seconds like 20,30,40 but system doesn't show the % percentage of calls (base value)

Kindly advise me how to achieve this configuration... if system doesnt have the option to change base value then how to calculate the service level mentioned above.

with Regards,

Manivannan

8 REPLIES

Re: Service Level Settings on Skill Group - ICM 8.5

Manivannan,

The percentage values (80%, 90%, 70%, 60% above) are target values, and not part of Service Level calculation. The only configuration for Service Level in the system is the number of seconds to evaluate against (20, 10, 30, and 40 in your list).

-Jameson

-Jameson
Community Member

Jameson, Manivannan,

Can you please advice that what is the advantage or in other words what is the requirement to use the Service Level Threshold field on the Skill Group at all?

Why can we not report on the Threshold field of the Call Type?

What extra do we get or why to report on the Threshold of a Skill Group at all? As I am assuming the Threshold on a Skill Group will not include what happened to a call in the IVR before it got Qed?

Thanks,

Kartik

Community Member

Karthik,

I guess the differenece between call type and skill group, SL will be calculated after the calls offered to Call Type Node and Skill Group Node. for example call type mapped with the script where skill group node configured on the same script, assume that there is some more nodes in the script, Call type SL will calculate include the extra nodes whatever defined before the skill gorup node.

Jameson,

Please clarify more. For example if i configure 30 seconds, what is the meaning of the settings. i can assume that 100% calls should be answered within 30 seconds.

And also would like to know best practices to get the various SL thresholds.

with Regards,

Manivannan

First, make sure you're setting your SL time in the call type, that's the best way to calculate SL as well as other things.  For example, you set Call Type Sales_Q to 30 seconds.  Then you run a historical report for yesterday and you see that the SL was 70%.  This means that 70% of the calls were answered within 30 seconds.  You can't force calls to be answered at any time, that's a function of how many calls you get, how many agents you have, etc.

david

Community Member

David,

I agree SL on Call Type is the best way to report it BUT you have to make sure to change the Call Type right before you Q the Call - else SLA calculation will include time spent by the caller in the IVR/Menu Option, which we do not want obviously.

Just thinking - will there be a difference in calculating SLA using the threshold of the _Q Call Type (i.e. the CT we changed to right before Qing the call) AND calculating SLA using the threshold of the Skill Group we Qed the call to? and why is calculating SLA using the Threshold setting of _Q CT better as its technically only 1 node before the QtoSG node lets say?

Thanks,

Kartik

Yes, of course the script has to be CT > SG, always.

I would think there would be no difference in the SLA between CT and SG if the call is answered, however things get tricky if the call RONAs, gets transfered, etc.  I would think that this would be the biggest difference, however I've not personally tested it.

david

While I typically do SL reporting on the Call Type and not the Skill Group, I can see how Skill Group SL can be a potentially useful metric. In any situation where you have a Call Type queuing to multiple Skill Groups at once, and those Skill Groups queue under multiple Call Types, measuring the Service Level at the Skill Group will be very different from the Service Level of the Call Types.

If your Call Types and Skill groups have a 1:1 relationship, the SL will calculate the same, given the same threshold.

If your Call Types and Skill groups have a many:many or many:1 relationship, the SL will calculate differently.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Community Member

I am have the same issue.

I need to the ability to report on multiple GOS for the same Call Type or Precision Queue.

Example: One client is 85/30 and 80/20 for client number 2

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content