cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Session ID

tcapo
Level 1
Level 1

As part of a project we have going on, I am attempting to extract the session ID from a phone call and store it in a variable.  What I have done is use a "Get Contact Info" step and using the "Session" field.  However, the info I'm getting from this field does not match the SessionID field of the ContactCallDetail table of the database.  What is the Session field under the Get Contact Info step really giving me?

6 Replies 6

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

I have attached (assuming the web-reply feature allows it) a document

I created that covers your issue. Specifically of value to you:

assume you store your session information into a string called SessionID

int.valueOf(SessionID.toString().subString(17,25), 16)

Which will extract the hexadecimal session id and convert it into base 10.

Cheers,

Tanner Ezell

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM, tcapo@suarez.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thank you so much for your input.  However, I'm getting error when inputing this:  int.valueOf(sessionID.toString().subString(17,25),16).  The error states:  Unable to parse expression; undefined method:  substring for class: java.lang.String (line:1, col: 13)

Hi

It's substring, not subString - java is all case sensitive.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

My apologies, a Session variable named SessionID, not String.

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but the calculation suggested does not seem to be right.  It only returns a 9 digit result when it should be 12 digits.  If you put the sessioID into an online hex to decimal converter it returns a value completely different from the formula suggested.

Yes, this seems to have changed since the posting.

You can more accurately get the SessionId by capturing the "Session" from Get Contact Info Step, and then pulling the "Identifier" from Get Session Info Step.

HTH

Tanner