Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting CUIC User password

NICNGUYEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

This might be silly but where can I set or reset a CUIC User (no in the AD) password ?

Thanks

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nicolas,

you cannot. Only Super users or LDAP integrated users are able to login. You can create users to have them assigned roles before are integrated with AD.

CUIC USER GUIDE 8.5(4) page 22

Both IMS users and LDAP users can log in to Unified IC Reporting and are restricted to thelimited Login User role until the Unified IC Reporting security administrator gives themadditional roles.

Although you can create a user on the Unified IC User List page, an entry on the User List isnot sufficient for that user to be able to sign in to Unified IC. One reason to create users on theUser List page is to expedite the assigning of roles to users before they sign in.

cheers

Isidro

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Login to CUIC as an administrator with Security access.  You will see a menu item on the left hand side called Security and you just find the user you want to reset the password for.

david

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer. However in the Security > User List Menu,  there is nowhere I can see a way to reset a CUIC local user password...

Regards

Nick

Hmm, good point.  Ok, so I'm a little stumped then as I have an AD integrated CUIC it's a little hard for me to guess, but one thing I can say is that if the account was brought in from ICM, you could reset the supervisor's password there.  If the user is a super user you need to log in to OAMP (http:///OAMP) to change the credentials.

Hope you figure it out.

david

mstoychev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

If you want to change  CUIC admin users password, then try in CUIC Administration > Admin user management:

https:// CUIC IP :8443/oamp. If you want to change supervisor passwords, as David said they are imported from ICM(except created locally in CUIC). So I would try there in Config manager.

Regards,

Milen

Hi Milen

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately my CUIC user is doesn't have a Super User Role (which would make sense then to change the password in the  https:// CUIC IP :8443/oamp webpage).

My user is CUIC local User (not in the Active Directory Domain). I can set any role to this user, but there is nowhere I can set or reset the password in the Security > User List menu.

I even tried to "Run As" using the profile to see if this was possible to change a password with no better success

Regards

Nick

Have you tried changing the user's password in ICM?

david

Unfortunately this is not a User account which is managed by the the ICM but only the CUIC.

These CUIC user's accounts start with CUIC\XXXXX

Regards

Nick

Hi Nicolas,

you cannot. Only Super users or LDAP integrated users are able to login. You can create users to have them assigned roles before are integrated with AD.

CUIC USER GUIDE 8.5(4) page 22

Both IMS users and LDAP users can log in to Unified IC Reporting and are restricted to thelimited Login User role until the Unified IC Reporting security administrator gives themadditional roles.

Although you can create a user on the Unified IC User List page, an entry on the User List isnot sufficient for that user to be able to sign in to Unified IC. One reason to create users on theUser List page is to expedite the assigning of roles to users before they sign in.

cheers

Isidro

Thanks for this post - it has saved me some frustration.

If Cisco set out to deliberately create an unusual reporting product they could not do much worse than CUIC. Quite how this product ever got through quality control is bewildering.

Very true! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: