Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting Feature Control Sets with Custom Application level Access

Hello

We are installing and deploying UCCE version 8.  We have areas in our company which need varying access to items in configuration manager.  I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have Cisco applications with different access levels.   I have a pretty good handle on how to set up a Feature Control Set with all read only or update access but am havin a hard time figuring out how to make some pieces in the set be read access and others update.

Example:  I have a group that does scripting.  The scripting pieces they require read access to Agent Explorer, Skill Group Explorer, and Announcements but also require Script Editor full edit.  Further they also do updates on the Skill groups.  Finally we would also like to grant them read access to DN's, Agent Team List, and Reason Code List.  As you see this is a mixture of updates/ full access and read only access.  I cannot figure out how to make this work.

Is it possible to make this work?  That I can see I can only apply on feature control set to a user and further I cannot see how to make pieces read and pieces full access.  Is their a way to add "custom" applications to the list and make one read only?

I pretty much am crossed eyed from reading Cisco manuals, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Setting Feature Control Sets with Custom Application level A

You have probably probed the abilities of the Feature Control Set.

I think the way it works (outside of the Script Editor) is to control the applications that the Configuration Manager (Launcher.exe)  can execute. As you probably know, if you go to C:\icm\bin and run the Explorer tool (Agent, Skill Group etc) called conicrex.exe (unless you know the back-door), it will pop up a message that says it can only be executed by Config Manager.

So I think all of the features are checked when the Launcher is fired up, and the nodes you see are set by the feature controls allowed for that user.

Once you launch the required tool, I don't think you can differentiate between those who can use the tool in read-only mode and those who are allowed to edit.

Script Editor gives fine-grained control of the objects on the map, as you know.

I think that's it.

Regards,

Geoff

Re: Setting Feature Control Sets with Custom Application level A

You can't set read access to individual tools in configuration manager. However if a user has full access to Script Editor, then they can view pretty much everything you mentioned via Script Editor itself. For listing agents, skills, and teams in read-only you can also provide access to WebView or CUIC. Another option may be setting up a CCMP server, which gives you more fine-grained control over object permissions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content