cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Blended agent

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Does anyone have a good doc highlighting how it configure blended agents-how never done it so any help would be great

Thanks

8 Replies 8

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Any update on this as I've never done it before, any steps 

Hi, what exactly are you looking for? From the agent perspective, their setup is the same, and from the UCCE configuration perspective there really isn't much either.

Do you already have outbound option working for instance?

Or are you referring to another type of blended agent, like one who handles chat for instance?

As always thanks

Voice calls only

We are happy configuring inbound scripts and have existing outbound scripts we can copy but  not configured blended before so don't know how to

Inbound we use PQ's, Outbound we need to use Skill grps.

Do you have any screen shots of examples, how do you "combine" the two

Thanks 

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to combine the two. So agent A has attribute 1, 2 and 3 that puts them in PQ 1, 2, and 3 for instance.

Assuming you're going agent-based campaigns, then you'll have agent A also in skill group Z.

So there's no real difference as far as agent configuration steps.

If the reporting/monitoring/using a mix of skills and PQs is your concern, what you might want to consider is using Transfer to IVR campaigns that route to these same agents, and that way you can use PQs for your agents.

Bill

Thanks

So we would have two scripts separate from each other

Script 1 for inbound   agent Z in PQ1

Script 2 for outbound agent Z in SG 2

I read that we need to set the outbound mode as blended so inbound are given priority - is that all I need to do, why? 

If an agent is on a acd call then woukd not ther other script either the outbound  or inbound simply ignore the agent and offer it to the next free agent 

Reports - would it be good to set script 1 as SG as well or would it really  matter to have pq and sg?

Does anyone have both inbound and outbound script using the same SG so both use SG1 - would you do it and if so why or why not

Thanks

If it were me, I'd probably try to use the same entity for both (skill group) that way it makes your monitoring/reporting life easier.

You could use the same skill group for both and be truly blended, but I tend to see people use one for inbound and the other for outbound dialer, just since some agents aren't always going to be good handling both.

Bill

I wa told there is also a "percentage" setting so to speak or throttle which we have to take into account of how many inbound calls, agents etc so not to strave the outbound q if we use anything other then preview. Too many and too quick inbound can end up with not enough agents being free for outbound calls

Right, that's part of the percentage setup you have in the admin script (something you already have to have in place in your dialer admin script).