Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing ECC vars between two different calls UCCE 7.5 - Do is it possible?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to share the value of an Expanded Call Variable (aka ECC var on ICM) between two different calls?

Example:

Client dials an access number and talks with an agent. The agent asks the client to authenticate itself against an IVR application, so (s)he starts a conference call (Client + Agent + Authentication Application).

So far we have two different calls:

Call 1: Client + Auth App

Call 2: Agent + Client

I need to set the value of the result of the authentication process (Example, 0=Not success, 1=success), put it in a specific ECC var in Call 1 and then, in Call 2, recover the result. I cannot use global vars because authentication process occurs in every different call.

Note that Call 1 is hand-up once the appli finish the authentication process.

Any idea?

UCCE 7.5: ICM, CVP, CM

7 REPLIES

Sharing ECC vars between two different calls UCCE 7.5 - Do is i

Hi,

why conference? What I can imagine is that all three parties (Client, Agent, Auth IVR) are in the same call, while the client is punching in some DTMF information, and the agent is just sitting there, idle. That's kind of strange. Wouldn't be a single step transfer to an ICM script which would, in turn, call the CVP auth IVR, enough?

ECC Variables may change during the active life of call, but I am not sure they are propagated to the Agent Application (what is your agent desktop, by the way, CAD, CTI OS?). I mean, they might trigger an OnCallDataUpdate event, but I am not certain it reaches the client (~ agent). I guess so, if not at the same moment, the update might come later.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Well, I guess when pushing the client, agent and the authentication IVR together in the same call, I have to force a conference call, don't I?

My objective is to exchange the value of an ECC var between two different calls. Don’t know if it is possible

Hi.

Well, yes, but it's kind of strange, why the agent needs to be there listening while the customer sends in some numbers over DTMF.

I don't think it's possible, either, unless there's a channel of some kind which would propagate information collected by CVP back to the CTI OS server which may trigger a CalDataUpdatedEvent, so that this information is presented to the agent.

G.

Yes, I think it is not possible. Some other engineers posted the same question with no solutions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3486434#3486434

Just being curious, did you consider sending the client to the IVR first, collecting the necessary information and then sending the call to the agent? I am kind of unable to digest this conference thing.

Thanks.

G.

Yes of course but they refused this idea since "Authentication" (before reaching un agent) is not obligatory so it is the agent who manage if this process would take place or not while talking with the client.

Is Transfer an option? I mean, call comes in, Agent talks to Client, then Agent transfers Client to IVR, IVR collects information and sends call back to ICM, ICM transfers call back to the agent. Not an elegant solution, but there's a slight chance that all call attached data is preserved.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content