Views
Helpful
Replies

Short calls in Webview

krishnamohan.kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

In webview Call type report, there is a field caled Short calls. Are short calls answered by agents? or is it an abandoned call. Please let me know

-Krishna

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Abandoned calls. The idea is that if someone calls your call center by mistake and hears the greeting and drops within (default) 5 seconds, you don't want to count that as an abandoned call. It makes the agents look bad and really doesn't add any value.

That being said, some customers ask that this be set to zero. They want to track every call and count those short abandoned calls. Crazy stuff.

The problem with short calls in ICM is it is a single global setting. It's set in System Information and is ICM-wise.

I wish it could be applied on a call type, like the other settings. I have some international CVP deployments where the contact centers in each country have some autonomy and some want short calls, and others don't.

I'd like to see Cisco expand this.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for a giving me a good clarity.

krishnamohan.kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geoff,

In ICM system information, I have changed the Abandoned call wait time from 5 to 0 secs.But still I can see Short calls in Call type report of Skill group. I have configured Bucket intervals.Please advise how can I avoid short calls in Call type report.

Thanks and regards

Krishna Mohan

That's all there is to it, mate. Bucket Intervals are nice, but don't affect short calls. You will still see short calls in old reports, data from before the change. Historical reports after the change will not show short calls. Give it time.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have changed the configuration at 7:45 pm and taking the historical report of 9 to 9:59 pm. In these reports I can see shprt calls. Somewhat confused.

Which specific report are you looking at?

Hi Krishna,

you have to distinguish between short calls on call types and short calls on skill groups.

For call types, short calls are abandoned short calls. For skill groups, short calls are answered short calls. The threshold for answered short calls is set per PG.

Please have a look at the UCCE reporting guide, chapter "Planning for Reporting on Short Calls".

Best regards,

Matthias

Can you define what the short call is in Cisco definition? when it happens?

Is the call end badly due to the internal problem or from pstn problem?

Thank you,

Thanh

The normal one the customer is interested in is the abandoned short call - set in System Information.

It's simply an abandoned call that was queued for an amount of time less than the configured "Abandoned call wait time". If you change this setting it will not re-evaluate short call counts determined in the past, but the setting will apply to the future.

It's not a problem or anything fancy. The caller simply abandoned.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: