cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shrink IPCC Express Database

Hi,

I need to confirm only if I can shrink IPCC Express 4.0 Database or not

The space issue with me is with FCRasSvr DB which affect agents reports

I'm a fraid to start the shrink without being supported from Cisco or being tested by anyone before

Regards

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See the following document for setting up automatic and manual purging:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_4_1/maintenance/admin/crs411ag.pdf

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you very much for your doc

But I think purging is from CRS admin guide

I need to make shrink from SQL Enterprise Manager

Can I Right Click the FCRasSvr DB > then shrink > then files > then choose the files I need to shrink

I need this affected DB

Did you try this one before ?

Regards

No, I have not tried it, and I am not sure if that would be supported. Sorry.

Chris

Hi

I haven't seen problems with that DB growing on UCCX myself.

However - this did ring a bell and reminded me of this post : https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2099846

If you're not 100% sure, check with TAC. And take a backup (of UCCX as a whole, and an export of the DB). A full backup helps shrink the DB LDFs as well (by marking logs as used so they can be cycled) if using full DB recovery model.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi aaron,

Yes I have posted in this post before but I didn't get confirmation till now

Only If I do shrink for the transaction log files in this DB using the above method,, will this expect to affect any thing in the call center ?

Regards

Hi

Which files are large? The ldf or mdf?

If it's the LDF, then it's the DB logs. There will be no problem as a result of that, as the logs don't contain the data. You can run a full backup of the DB, this marks the logs as available, and they can then be reused by the DB engine or shrinked by you. The data in the DB is unaffected.

If you want to shrink the MDF (the data file) then there must be free space in the DB, or you must free some up by dropping data. You can shrink the DB and see if it gets smaller, but if not I would seek advice from TAC on whether you can free some space up.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Very good info aaron

So only How can I  know if it is ldf or mdf ?

Also is there any way to increase the size of the FCRasSvr DB to solve the issue instead of the shrink process ?

Regards

Hi

Look at the DB properties to find the filenames, or search the server HDD for *.ldf and *.mdf files. See how big they are.

re: Extending the DB size, you shouldn't have to do that. *something* must be filling it up, i.e. not being purged properly when no longer needed.

What problems are you actually seeing as a result of this?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi,

thanks again aaron for info

The issue was that Customer informed that agents can't get their reports from CAD

then we found this error in event viewer

FCVRS229 SQL Query failed with SQL error could not execute the SQL statement for query INSERT INTO FCRasStateLogToday

Cisco recommend the action in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801df570.shtml

I checked it and found all is ok

Then while continue checking the CRS

In Datastore control center

Historical is fine

Repository and Agent show only the primary server ,replication type [ publication snapshot agent] and show this error

Error occurred while performing the operation. The cluster information and subscriber configuration does not match. The subscriber might be dropped (Please check SQL server log for more details). Administrator need to refer the documentation on how to resolve this issue

SQL log show this:

crs could not allocate space for object FCRascalllogToday in database FCRasSvr
Error: 1105 severity 17 state 2

Also the same error for FCRasStatelogToday object

So I decided to shrink FCRasSvr DB as a first step to solve this space issue

Please note that we have 4-servers in the CRS cluster version 4.0

two servers as CRS Engine and another two as CRS Database in a HA solution

And the agents reports work from CAD when only one server of the DB servers is live but not with the two

Regards and sorry for being detailed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: