Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitor and IP communicator

Hello,

Does anyone if you can do silent monitor on cisco IP communicator?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Horaciao,

IP communicator version 7 with Call manager 6.1.3 or higher can be used for silent Monitoring.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/7_0/english/release/notes/CIPC70_RN.html#wp99775

*Service Observing (Recording and Monitoring)

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts, by clicking on the stars below the right answer!!

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Horacio,

what UCCE/UCCX version are you using?

It's possible to do SPAN-based silent monitor on lower versions as well (even though there might be some issues with it).

G.

Hi

As I recall, there was a problem with monitoring/recording these if you had 'friendly' names (e.g. SEPHORACIO instead of SEP012301230123 style). If you didn't name them MAC-address style the SPAN services didn't like them.

Not sure how current that is...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi All,

As Aaron stated  Communicator profile name should be the MAC address of the phone.

Also make sure that in the IPcommunicator preferences ( right click on IPcommunicator -

preferences) - "use Network adapter to generate device name" -  network adapter - select the monitoring NIC.

The device name will be the MAC address of Communicator.

Else monitoring will fail with the following error

----------

DEBUG [0xd84] CFCDMSnifferSession.cpp[407]CFCDMSnifferSession::setFilter: End. Invalid MAC address. Returning

false

--------

Thank you

Anuj

Hello,

Can anyone please help. I can do silent monitoring from a softphone to a hardphone. However, when I attempt to do slient monitoring from one softphone to another softphone I keep getting the error ensure Built-Bridge is On and it has capacity for monitoring. This has be check but error is the same (Error code 131414). Can anyone help please

Hi Olanrewaju Olarotimi,

Please check the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC6.0.1/features_apps/CMmonrec.html

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: