Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Silent Monitoring Question

When try to Silent Monitor an Agent using my CSD, I can listen it through my Laptops speaker or headset (if plugged in). Is there any way to do Silent Monitoring by using supervisor's IP Phone?

If there is any document that supports the answer, please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Cisco Employee

Re: Silent Monitoring Question

Hi Rohan,

Yes this is possible! It is known as RMON (Remote Monitor) and is a UCCX script that you would call in to.

Please see the above admin guide on page 126 starting with "Configuring Remote Monitoring Application". This rmon.aef script is provided with a Premium license package.

Let me know if this answers your question!

Community Member

Re: Silent Monitoring Question

Thank you for your help. I have completed the setup as per the guide, but having issues with the user id. We have user IDs as 999999@xx.xxxxxx.xxxx and password contains upper case alphabets.

Not sure how do it do it using IP Phone.

Cisco Employee

Here is some additional information from the scripting guide:

pg 515 - Designing remote monitoring scripts.

A) The "password" it asks during login is your PIN number from CUCM, not your alphanumeric password. The PIN is numbers only, which makes it a bit easier to input on a phone. If it is currently set to checking your actual password, you can change it to check your PIN in the authenticate user step.

B) The username might be a bit tricky. From the above link you can see the actual script steps. What you could do is set a static username vs. having you enter it. Where you see UserLogin = GetDigitString.... You could replace this with UserLogin="999999@xx.xxxxxx.xxxx" so that you are no longer prompted for the long username. This dives into the realm of custom scripting and can be done with several different methods.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Rohan,

When you have installed CSD (Cisco Superviosr dekstop) by default CAD (Cisco Agent Desktop) is installed in the same box. Incase if you want the CSD to use th IP phone, please login into the CAD using your supervisor credentials and also into the CSD as well in the same box, now you are good to go with CSD using ip phone for recording\monitoring features.

Hope it helps,

Please rate helpful posts..

CreatePlease to create content