cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitoring/Recording for windows 7 32bit

barry florence
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager System version: 7.1.5, and UCCX System version: 8.0.2.

Windows 7 32 it and the NIC is Intel Pro/1000 GT Desktop adapter.

we are doing a testing on the windows 7 CAD and windows 7 CSD, silent monitoring and recording is not working.

However it is working for XP CAD and win7 CSD

Could anyone had a similar situation, Does the Silent  Monitoring/Recording works on windows 7  32 bit PC's?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Found this in another discussion:

The CTI OS silent monitor feature requires that you modify a WinPcap registry setting after installing (or reinstalling) WinPcap. In the Windows registry go to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NPF

Change the value of the Start setting under this key from 0x00000003 to 0x00000002. Reboot the PC

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the information, it looks we need to install winpcap software and modify the registry settings to make it work.  Is there anyother way it works without installing the thirdparty software, as this has to be done in alot of pcs.

Thanks

Hi Barry,

I would try this on one PC first and make sure it even fixes the issue that you're having before moving on to another solution.

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Barry,

Some time ago I have the same issue, I corrected it updating NIC driver to the last version, it was for HP and Dell Laptops.

Regards.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the reply, the issue still not resolved.  We have Dell Desktops, The desktops has two nics,  one on the motherboard and another on a nic card, we are connected to the card, but under windows 7 we couldn't force this to be the primary NIC.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

When you record a call, can you see the file with the supervisor client? the file doesn´t contain audio or is it missing?

Regards.

Hi Emmanuel and Chintan,

Thanks for the reply. The supervisor attempts to start monitoring and get a failure immediately with the error 'no audio received'.    We did tried the postinstall.exe that didn't help either.

Thanks

Barry

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

did you look at postinstall.exe?

you have to select NIC there. and in windows 7, sometimes by default it doesn't pop up.

regards

chintan