Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

silent monitoring

IPCC enterprise 7.1.5.0

We recently have been having agents leave/more agents hired. The PC's have not changed, the phones have not changed. Every other application works fine. The only difference is a new profile put on the PC for the new agent. It seems that many of these new agents cannot be silent monitored. The supervisors get various errors when they try. I have tried rebuilding profile, running CAD as local administrator (to rule out profile problems), reinstalling CAD on the PC, updating the driver on the NIC, updating Windows, nothing works but re-imaging the machine. Keep in mind that this is the same machine that silent monitoring worked for previously. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES

Re: silent monitoring

Also, while trying to figure this out, I unchecked the box that says "Enable Desktop Monitoring" and no longer see that extension to be able to check the box back (in Desktop Administrator). Is there a setup for this on the PG somewhere? How do I add this back?

I found the checkbox and checked it back, didn't help the original problem. Any ideas?

Another update, here is the error out of the Agent log

Unable to open the NIC adapter for sniffing. Please reconfigure the installation.

In the CAD documentation there is a way to sniff out the packets out of your NIC and see if the voice is being spanned out. I think there is a utility you can use to check that. Also, if this used to work, check the drivers you were using before, maybe you're using newer or older version. Also, there are some registry edits you can do to the NICs to allow monitoring to work.

david

postinstall fixed it

Views
Helpful
Replies