Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Single cad user recording does not work

Hello,

I have this strange problem with one agent of which the calls are not recorded. I followed all the troubleshooting steps I found from Cisco, see the steps and results below. In addition to those checks I've let that specific problem agent log into the cad & ip phone of another agents's pc who has no issues and still the calls were not recorded. So this tells me the issue is user related. However all settings are the same as the other agents. I simply do not know, what else too check. Any ideas?

1. Make sure that the Agent/Supervisor phones have SPAN TO PC PORT set to enabled.

check

2. Make sure that the Advertise G.722 Codec option in the enterprise parameter menu of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager is set to Disabled, as UCCX Desktop Monitoring does not support the G.722 codec.

this is not set to disabled, but does not cause any issue for other agent recordings, so check
3. The agents extension should be Unique on Call Manager, as the lines that are going to be monitored or recorded cannot be shared lines.

check

4. Make sure that Windows Firewall is disabled on the Agent/Supervisor Desktops.

check
5. Launch PostInstall.exe from the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on the agent PC. This should have the correct IP address of the NIC card that the PC is using. If the PC is using two NIC cards, one of them should be disabled. Desktop monitoring does not work if teaming is enabled on the NIC cards.

NIC binding should have the NIC used to record the first one at the Agent and Supervisor PCs. Right-click on My Network Places, select Properties > Advanced > Advanced Settings, and the recording NIC should be the first one in the Connections field. If not, move it to the first position, and reboot the PC.

No nic binding, ip's are correct, check

6. The phone should be a daisy chain. For example, PC > IP Phone > Network.

check

7. The Recording Count must not be set to ZERO. Complete this step in order to ensure this is not the case:

From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page, go to System > System Parameters, and set the number of the recording count appropriately.

set to 20, check

1.Check this list of parameters and settings to be met for the recording to work:

Agent/Supervisor phones should be associated to their users.

phone is not associated with the agent, however none of the phones are associated with their agent and recording works ok for others, so check
Agent/Supervisor phones should be connected to their PCs.

check
Agent/Supervisor phones should have SPAN TO PC PORT enabled at the CallManager.

check
Agent/Supervisor workstations must have a NIC that supports 802.1Q.

not 100% sure as I'm not sure how to check this. But it seems this pc is the same as all others and uses same biuld in nic
Agent/Supervisor phones are associated with the RmJtapi user.

check

Perform this procedure in order to confirm that the Cisco Agent Desktop registry is configured for the proper NICs:
a.Run the ipconfig /all command on the agent PC in order to determine the current IP address for the NIC plugged into the IP phone.

check

b.Launch PostInstall.exe from the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on the agent PC.

Note: Desktop monitoring does not work if teaming is enabled on the NIC cards.

check

c.Make sure the IP addresses of the Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC) Express servers appear properly in the first window.

check

d.Click OK. The Cisco Agent Desktop Configuration Setup screen appears.

check

e.Click the VoIP Network Device folder.

check

f.Select the proper adapter from the drop-down list based on the current IP address.

there is only one ip, check

g.Click Apply, and shut down the window.

Note: The NIC does not have to be configured with a static IP address. The IP address appears in the PostInstall tool simply as a reference in order to make it easier to identify the proper adapter.

check

2.If the verified values are not correct, then rectify it and reboot the PC.

If the CRS server that runs the VoIP monitor has two NICs installed, the NIC for normal CRS traffic should be on the top of the TCP/IP bind order and the NIC for VoIP monitor traffic should be bound to TCP/IP behind the other NIC. If you experience a CRA engine start failure, the root cause might be an incorrect NIC binding order.

no issues here, check

3.The Recording Count must not be set to ZERO. Complete this step:

From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page, navigate to System > System Parameters and set the number of the recording count appropriately.

Set to 20, check

4.CUCM 5.x and later have an Advertise G.722 Codec option in the enterprise parameter menu. Make sure you have disabled it. This is because UCCX Desktop Monitoring does not support G.722 codec.

This is NOT disabled but does not cause any issues for other agents, check.

5.Make sure that monitoring does not receive any error and works fine.

no errors, check

6. Make sure that Windows Firewall is disabled on the Agent/Supervisor Desktops.

check

Everyone's tags (3)
6 REPLIES

wow 3 weeks zero replies..... Anyone?

I'm surprised that you have waited three weeks and have not yet opened a TAC case.

Anyway, you never mentioned your UCCX version, and there is a cop file you must apply to 8.5.  It is: ciscouccx.851voipmonser.cop.sgn, and then you need to re-run the desktop config utility.  Are you on 8.5 and if so, have you done that already?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks for your reply Antony.

This issue is not urgent, nor critical. I've also been away for a couple of weeks, so thats why no TAC was opened. Anyway the  ccx version is 7.0(1).

Re: Single cad user recording does not work

I will take a shot at responding to each of your points made.  Additionally, I have included one troubleshooting task you have not yet performed.  Which was hard to find, because you've done so much already.  Nice job on this one.  It's certainly not easy.

Michell Poulina wrote:

I have this strange problem with one agent of which the calls are not recorded. I followed all the troubleshooting steps I found from Cisco, see the steps and results below. In addition to those checks I've let that specific problem agent log into the cad & ip phone of another agents's pc who has no issues and still the calls were not recorded. So this tells me the issue is user related.

Have you had a working user use this user's CAD/IP Phone combination?  Are you Active Directory integrated, and if so, does this user's account look any different than a working user?  Local admin rights?  Etc.

Michell Poulina wrote:

However all settings are the same as the other agents. I simply do not know, what else too check. Any ideas?

It appears as though you have tried quite a bit on your own already.  Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I have seen an engineer struggle with troubleshooting, and then another engineer walks up to assist, and then it starts working on one of the troubelshooting steps which was already performed.  What I mean by that is, perhaps have a coworker take over and try to troubleshoot it.  They may have a different result than you.  Some people may refer to this as "having a fresh pair of eyes on it."

Michell Poulina wrote:

1. Make sure that the Agent/Supervisor phones have SPAN TO PC PORT set to enabled.
check

You should validate that the traffic is actuall spanning to the PC.  Install wireshark on the PC and look for traffic going to the IP Phones address (destination) to confirm.

Michell Poulina wrote:

2. Make sure that the Advertise G.722 Codec option in the enterprise parameter menu of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager is set to Disabled, as UCCX Desktop Monitoring does not support the G.722 codec.
this is not set to disabled, but does not cause any issue for other agent recordings, so check

When the Agent is on a call, confirm the codec on the IP Phone by pressing the "?" button twice.  This will show you call stats for the active call.  You can technically do the same from the phone's web page too.

Michell Poulina wrote:

3. The agents extension should be Unique on Call Manager, as the lines that are going to be monitored or recorded cannot be shared lines.
check

Good.  Not much to say here.  You either did a route plan report or you didn't.  No two ways about this.

Michell Poulina wrote:

4. Make sure that Windows Firewall is disabled on the Agent/Supervisor Desktops.
check

Good.  Not much to say here.  You either disabled the firewall or you didn't.  No two ways about it.

Michell Poulina wrote:

5. Launch PostInstall.exe from the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on the agent PC. This should have the correct IP address of the NIC card that the PC is using. If the PC is using two NIC cards, one of them should be disabled. Desktop monitoring does not work if teaming is enabled on the NIC cards.
NIC binding should have the NIC used to record the first one at the Agent and Supervisor PCs. Right-click on My Network Places, select Properties > Advanced > Advanced Settings, and the recording NIC should be the first one in the Connections field. If not, move it to the first position, and reboot the PC.
No nic binding, ip's are correct, check

One common thing with PostInstall.exe, is that you need to re-select the network adapter in the drop down list.  Even if it's already selected, and the only one in the list.  You'll notice that when you launch PostInstall.exe the "Apply" button is disabled, but upon re-selecting the same network adapater the button becomes enabled.  You can select it, click apply, then reboot the computer.

Michell Poulina wrote:

6. The phone should be a daisy chain. For example, PC > IP Phone > Network.
check

Good.  Not much to say here.  You either checked the network connection or you didn't.  No two ways about this.

Michell Poulina wrote:

7. The Recording Count must not be set to ZERO. Complete this step in order to ensure this is not the case:
From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page, go to System > System Parameters, and set the number of the recording count appropriately.
set to 20, check

At first glance I didn't think this applied to your situation, but in the reality of life, crazy stuff happens.  Like, the bad luck that this person is always attempting to be the 21st Agent to be recorded.  I don't believe there is a way to see active recording session numbers, so just to do it after hours, or when there's not even 15 Agents logged in.

Michell Poulina wrote:

1. Check this list of parameters and settings to be met for the recording to work:
Agent/Supervisor phones should be associated to their users.
phone is not associated with the agent, however none of the phones are associated with their agent and recording works ok for others, so check

I'm not even sure how your solution works without the phone associated to the users.  In order for an Agent to be an Agent, they have to have an IPCC Extension assigned in CUCM under End User configuration for their user account.  This field is a drop down list, populated from all of the lines, on all of the phones, which are asspciated with the user.  So, if you have no associations, then you have no drop down list, and you have no Agents.  Double check this.

Michell Poulina wrote:

Agent/Supervisor phones should be connected to their PCs.
check

We covered this one already.

Michell Poulina wrote:

Agent/Supervisor phones should have SPAN TO PC PORT enabled at the CallManager
check

Michell Poulina wrote:

Agent/Supervisor workstations must have a NIC that supports 802.1Q.
not 100% sure as I'm not sure how to check this. But it seems this pc is the same as all others and uses same biuld in nic

Noting that the PC's are of the same build is fine, but because we are troubleshooting an elusive issue, we have to double check.  Use msinfo32 to pull the network adapater name, and compare to another machine.  Also, there is document which lists all of the supported NICs.  Give it a read, because you may find that an unsupported NIC could work 90% of the time, but ultimately give you problems in the long run.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps14/prod_system_requirements0900aecd800e3149.pdf

Michell Poulina wrote:

Agent/Supervisor phones are associated with the RmJtapi user.
check

The term RmJtapi can be confusing, because there is an RMCM user, and there is a JTAPI user.  The phones need to be associated to the RMCM user, not the JTAPI user.  In fact, if they are associated to the JTAPI user, you should disassociate them, as this is not the correct configuration of UCCX.  Otherwise, I see you checked this one off, so that's good.  I was just covering all bases.

Michell Poulina wrote:

Perform this procedure in order to confirm that the Cisco Agent Desktop registry is configured for the proper NICs:
a. Run the ipconfig /all command on the agent PC in order to determine the current IP address for the NIC plugged into the IP phone.
check
b. Launch PostInstall.exe from the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on the agent PC.
Note: Desktop monitoring does not work if teaming is enabled on the NIC cards.
check
c. Make sure the IP addresses of the Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC) Express servers appear properly in the first window.
check
d. Click OK. The Cisco Agent Desktop Configuration Setup screen appears.
check
e. Click the VoIP Network Device folder.
check
f. Select the proper adapter from the drop-down list based on the current IP address.
there is only one ip, check
g. Click Apply, and shut down the window.
Note: The NIC does not have to be configured with a static IP address. The IP address appears in the PostInstall tool simply as a reference in order to make it easier to identify the proper adapter.
check

This is all good here.  Just recall what I said above about re-selecting the network adapter, even if it's the only one and it's already selected.  Then reboot.

Michell Poulina wrote:

2. If the verified values are not correct, then rectify it and reboot the PC.
If the CRS server that runs the VoIP monitor has two NICs installed, the NIC for normal CRS traffic should be on the top of the TCP/IP bind order and the NIC for VoIP monitor traffic should be bound to TCP/IP behind the other NIC. If you experience a CRA engine start failure, the root cause might be an incorrect NIC binding order.
no issues here, check

Yeah, from the sounds of your problem report, I wouldn't spend time troubleshooting the UCCX server itself.  If you have more than one Agent with the issue, then maybe, but a single Agent issue would indicate a problem with the Agent and not the server.

Michell Poulina wrote:

3. The Recording Count must not be set to ZERO. Complete this step:
From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page, navigate to System > System Parameters and set the number of the recording count appropriately.
Set to 20, check

Michell Poulina wrote:

4. CUCM 5.x and later have an Advertise G.722 Codec option in the enterprise parameter menu. Make sure you have disabled it. This is because UCCX Desktop Monitoring does not support G.722 codec.
This is NOT disabled but does not cause any issues for other agents, check

We covered this one already.  Just be sure to confirm the codec during an active call with the "?" double press.

Michell Poulina wrote:

5. Make sure that monitoring does not receive any error and works fine.
no errors, check

What logs or tools did you use to confirm this?

Michell Poulina wrote:

6. Make sure that Windows Firewall is disabled on the Agent/Supervisor Desktops.
check

We already covered this.

One more thing, there is a utility on the Agent desktop at: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\NICQ.exe, what you do is, you get on an active call on the Agent phone, and then run this tool in the command line, and what you are looking for is a bunch of G711 packets scrolling up the screen.

Read more about how to use this tool at the following document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/non_release_docs/voip-mon-troubleshooting.pdf.  Just search for NICQ once you open the document.

That's all I have for the moment.  Like I said, it seems like you've checked all the basics out.  Good luck.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Hi Michell,

Were you able to solve this issue?

I am having similar issue - but it is intermittent.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4008723#4008723

Thanks,

@Anthony Holloway,

Whether this helps or not, I would like to thank you for your effort. It is very much appreciated. I will let you know of it worked out or not.

@Sky Voice,

I'm still working on it. This issue has very low priority, but hopefully I will have an update by the end of this week.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content