Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SIP server group weight/priority in CVP 8.0

Hello, all. We have CVP 8.0 for UCCE 8.5(3) implemented in a comprehensive mode
without SIP proxy. We have configured SIP server group for VXML gateway to be used in SIP
static route. There're two vxml gateways and we want to route the call always to one of
them (as the primary one) or at least maybe in a 10:1 ratio. However the weight and priority seems not working.
Call server randomly picks up the vxml gateway not based on weight and priority.

So for instance we have vxmlgw1 with prirotiy 1 weight 10, vxmlgw2 with priority 2 weight 10, not working. We have vxmlgw1 priority 2 weight 100, vxmlgw1 with priority 2 weight 10, still not working. The Call server even picks vxmlgw2 more. Any idea?

Or is there any other way we can achieve what we want? We don't have SIP proxy.

Also in SIP staic route, if we put the dial plan for VRU leg 88888> first to vxmlgw1, then add another plan 88888>vxmlgw2, and in that order, will this achieve the HA purpose? It seems to take very long time to fail over.

Thanks.

We have CVP 8.0 for UCCE 8.5(3) implemented in a comprehensive mode
without SIP proxy. We have configured SIP server group for VXML gateway to use in SIP
static route. We have two vxml gateways and we want to route the call always to one of
them or at least maybe in a 10:1 ratio however the weight and priority seems not working.
Call server randomly picks up the vxml gateway not based on weight and priority.

3 REPLIES

Hi,

Answering to your Question#2, you cannot have two static routes one pointing to the first VXML gateway and one pointing to second VXML Gateway. The Call server will stick on to the first static route only. So you cannot have two static routes with the same route.

If you want to route one at a time then you would need to have the SRV enabled with weight 1 and priority 1 for the first gateway and weight 1 and priority 2 for the second gateway.

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Hello Dass,

Weight can't be less than ten ????

I have the same problem , but in my case i want to load balance between three VXMl gateways but the Call server keeps sending randomly, i have all three VXMl gateway with the same weight (30) and the same priority (1)

Any ideas ?

Amer

Hi Amer,

I am using two VXML gateways in my setup running with same weight and Different Priorities

Both the Gateways are running in the same Weight but different prioroites (Priority 1 & 2) and I have not faced any issues in failover scenarios too

Thanks,

Dass

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content