cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skill Based Routing with Multiple Skills and CSQs

RockCrayfish
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently testing skill-based routing between multiple skills assigned to multiple agents. My understanding is that skill-based routing can be achieved by using a method identical to my test configuration below. However, the agents are currently receiving calls on a longest idle basis.

Test Configuration

UCCX 8.5

Agent 1: Skill 1 (10), Skill 2 (5)

Agent 2: Skill 1 (5), Skill 2 (10)

CSQ 1: Most Skilled, Skill 1 (minimum competence 1)

CSQ 2: Most Skilled, Skill 2 (minimum competence 1)

Team: Agent 1, Agent 2, CSQ 1, CSQ 2

Script: Press 1 for CSQ 1, press 2 for CSQ 2

Pressing 1 or 2 always results in a longest idle agent selection rather than a skill based selection. Am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the information you provided, and assuming both Agents are Ready...

...Calls to CSQ 1 will go to Agent 1

...Calls to CSQ 2 will go to the Longest Available Agent

Also, you Team has no bearing on routing.

In order to help you further, can you provide screenshots of your configurations?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks for the quick reply, Anthony.

I mistakenly listed the skills for Agent 1 in the "Test Configuration" above. I have since revised it to reflect the actualy situation, which should change your response to:

"...Calls to CSQ 1 will go to Agent 1

...Calls to CSQ 2 will go to Agent 2"

This is what I expect to happen when pressing those digits, but, unfortunately, it is not.

Note: I added Team to show that there is a team containing the appropriate CSQs and agents.

That makes sense.  Thanks for the correction and clarification.

Without screenshots I am making assumption based on your reports.

Screenshots of the following would be helpdul:

• Each resource to include the skill in the list of skills (I.e., make sure the skill is visible, so scroll the window if necessary)
  • Each CSQ's first page and second page
  • Script's Select Resource step and if using a variable for the CSQ name then pertinent steps setting the variable

I have seen hundreds of UCCX implementations and I have never once seen it mess up on Skills based routing.  It's like a configuration issue, but I will not rule out that you might have found a defect.  We'll need to confirm configs first.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

It looks like I was hitting a wall in regards to Automatic Work and Wrap-up Time. Originally, the CSQs had Automatic Work enabled with a 10 second wrap-up time so I disabled Automatic Work and set wrap-up time to 5 seconds and allowed a longer time before test calls.

Thanks for the confirmation of my understanding of skill based routing. It motivated me to troubleshoot different aspects. In this case, Automatic Work and Wrap-up times.

Thanks again!