Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills based routing and prioritization script

binhtngu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

My customer has the following requirements and I'm not sure if this is feasible or not:

All agents are in the same skills-based CSQ - Skills level are 9 & 5 (5 is mininum).

Callers hit opt 1 - go to skills(9) agents first, then skills(5) agent if all skills(9) agents are not available.

Callers hit opt 2 - go to skills (5) agents only.

My assume solution is as below:

opt 1 - check if no skills(9) availablility, then if no skills(5) availability, then go to Queue.

opt 2 - check if no skills(5) avail, then go to Queue.

My question is that if there a select.resources step to check if skills(9) agents are in 'Ready' state? 

If anyone has done this before and know or suggest me a better way to do this, it is very appreciated.

Thank you,

Binh.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Binh,

Do you have a single CSQ, which has has 2 skills in it ? Hve you selected routing criteria as Highest skilled Agent?

To be able to get the calls from this CSQ , Agents must possess both the skills with skill competancy level more than the minimum level specified in the CSQ.

If yes, than whatever you have said for option 1 is right. But when the callers press option 2, than it will first check for the highest skill competency first and than to lower (same as first option only).In this case calls are getting routed to all the Agents here.

I woul dsuggest you to create as follows:

CSQ1 : skill1  , skill2 (criteria: Highest skilled Agent)

CSQ2: skill3 (criteria: Maximum Available Agent)

You can associte the Agent skills based on there competancy levels.

Now have single application wih Route point, based on CED (option 1 or 2), route the call to CSQ1, or CSQ2.

You don't need to exclusively test for the Agent status (if in Ready \ not Ready..etc), the moment Agent becomes Available calls will get routed to him based on the scripting logic.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Binh,

Do you have a single CSQ, which has has 2 skills in it ? Hve you selected routing criteria as Highest skilled Agent?

To be able to get the calls from this CSQ , Agents must possess both the skills with skill competancy level more than the minimum level specified in the CSQ.

If yes, than whatever you have said for option 1 is right. But when the callers press option 2, than it will first check for the highest skill competency first and than to lower (same as first option only).In this case calls are getting routed to all the Agents here.

I woul dsuggest you to create as follows:

CSQ1 : skill1  , skill2 (criteria: Highest skilled Agent)

CSQ2: skill3 (criteria: Maximum Available Agent)

You can associte the Agent skills based on there competancy levels.

Now have single application wih Route point, based on CED (option 1 or 2), route the call to CSQ1, or CSQ2.

You don't need to exclusively test for the Agent status (if in Ready \ not Ready..etc), the moment Agent becomes Available calls will get routed to him based on the scripting logic.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Hi Anand,

Thank you for the promptly reply.

The problem is customer only want to have ONE queue only.  If there is no such way to do so, then I might have to revise the solution back to customer with 2 or 3 CSQs.

Thanks,

Binh.

Binh,

There is no way to select resource within the select resource step with specific competency level. Your best option here would be to create a second CSQ, which will provide you exactly what you want. Is there a reason you cannot do it?

HTH,

Chris

Hi Binh,

If you have two groups of Agents, one set with lower skill competancy level (say for an example 6) and the other set as high skill competancy level (say as 9), if both these skills are part of one CSQ (skill1 + skill2).

If you want to reach only one set of Agents as part of only one CSQ (as an option 2 in your case), it is not possible because, inorder to qualify for any CSQ an Agent needs to have all the skills as part of that CSQ, and theres is only one selection criteria which you can opt under any CSQ, there is no provision for selecting mutiple selection criteria in single CSQ.

I think you need minimum of 2 CSQ's for your requirement.

If someone has any better idea. please go ahead :-).

Thanks,

Anand

Thanks all for the replies and suggestions.  I think you are all right that there is no way to fullfill all the requirements with only one CSQ, and the minimum is 2 CSQ's.  I will bring this up to customer and will go that way.

Thank you all and a Rate of 5 for all.

Binh Nguyen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: