cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills Based Routing Question and Competence Level

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I understood this correctly but in a live environment I am not seeing it work as expected so I am asking for some help.  Say I have 2 CSQs, CSQ_A and CSQ_B both with corresponding skills Skill_A and Skill_B.  Agents 1-5 are skilled with Skill_A and agents 6-10 are skilled for Skill_B.  If CSQ_A is getting backed up and calls are waiting and CSQ_B has no calls waiting I would like agents 6-10 to be able to help out and get calls from CSQ_A when CSQ_B does not have any calls in queue.  I thought that I could just skill agents 6-10 with both Skill_A and Skill_B but have agents 1-6 primary Skill_B competency level as a 10 and Skill_A competency level as a 1.  So in the end if there are no calls queued in CSQ_B agents 1-6 would automatically help out the backed up CSQ_A.  After doing this I was seeing agents 1-6 get calls from CSQ_A when there were calls waiting in CSQ_B.  What am I missing or do not understand correctly.  Thanks!!

5 Replies 5

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I think I might have found my problem.  In my production call center I have CS_Tier1 and CS_Retention which I should have just specified in the beginning instead of using bogus CSQs/skills. So what I found is that CS_Tier1 has a resource selection criteria as "Longest Available" and CS_Retention has a selection criteria as "Most Skilled".  I think if I change the selection criteria of CS_Tier 1 to "most skilled" then my scenario above will work.  Does this sound accurate?

Hi Jason-

The Agent Selection Criteria is only used to determine the best agent to take a call, but does not play a part in which call they will take.  CSQs function as First In First Out if there is no change to the call's priority.

Example Default Behavior:

1) a call comes into CS_Tier1 (caller 1)

2) a call comes into CS_Retention (caller 2)

3) a call comes into CS_Tier1 (caller 3)

4) no agents are available and the calls queue

5) an agent skilled for both CS_Retention and CS_Tier1 becomes available

6) caller 1 will be presented to the agent

7) an agent with only CS_Tier1 becomes available

8) caller 2 will still be queued as there are no agents with the CS_Retention skill

9) caller 3 will be routed to the CS_Tier1 agent

10) caller 2 will only be handled when the next agent with the CS_Retention skill is available

I really don't know anything about your environment, and this solution does not scale well, but might accomplish your goal here. 

You could look at increasing the priority in the script  for  CS_Retention calls.  This will allow the calls to be answered before any call with a lower priority.

Example Increasing Priority for a caller:

1) a call comes into CS_Tier1 (caller 1 priority 1)

2) a call comes into CS_Retention (caller 2 priority 10)

1. a) This would be set in the script with an 'Set Priority' step.

3) a call comes into CS_Tier1 (caller 3 priority 1)

4) no agents are available and the calls queue

5) an agent skilled for both CS_Retention and CS_Tier1 becomes available

6) caller 2 will be presented to the agent

7) an agent with only CS_Tier1 becomes available

8) caller 1 will be routed to the CS_Tier1 agent

9) an agent with only CS_Tier1 becomes available

10)  caller 3 will be routed to the CS_Tier1 agent

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,

DJ

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no need of Set Priority here as you do not want to priortize the calls but only want if all agents i.e. (1-5) are busy taking calls for CSQ_A and if there are no calls waiting for CSQ_B, calls should overflow to CSQ_B which then will be handled by the agents (6-10). Also, changing the selection criteria will not do anything here because you actually want to change the way calls are overflowed from CSQ_A to CSQ_B and not how they are handled once reach a particular CSQ i.e., either CSQ_A or CSQ_B:

All agents in CSQ_A are busy on calls and there are no call waiting in CSQ _B

In order to acheive this, you will need to do below two things:

1) Configure Agents 6-10 with both the skills i.e., Skill_A and Skill_B since you want them to be able to recevie calls for CSQ_A when there are no available agents in CSQ_A. Agents 1-5 that belong to CSQ_A should only have one skill assigned i.e., CSQ_A since you do not want them to receive call for CSQ_B

2) You will need to use couple of Get Reporting Statistics step and If conditions within the script in order to overflow the calls from CSQ_A to CSQ_B. Attached is the sample script with these changes, make changes in your script accordingly.

I preferred to use the names CSQ_A and CSQ_B as it is not very clear whether CS_Tier1 is actually CSQ_A or CSQ_B. But you can change those names as well accordingly in the script.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Deepak:

Thanks for your response, very useful and I think that would work.  In my example CS_Tier1 would be CSQ_A and CS_Retention would be CSQ_B.  The only caveat I see is that the manager of the department would still want to see the call answered from the CS_Tier1 CSQ instead of stuffing the call in an additional overflow CSQ.  So maybe I should use your scripting logic and create a CSQ_Overflow to put the calls in and skill agents 6-10 for both CS_Overflow and CS_Retention. So if no agents are ready in CS_Tier1 and there is an agent in the "Ready" status in CS_Retention then send the call to CS_Overflow otherwise continue queuing in the original CSQ, in this case CS_Tier1.  Does that sound like it will work? This way the management would know the call was an original CS_Tier1 call. Thanks guys for your input!!

That will absolutely work fine, you understand the flow now so just make the changes as your customer wants. Logi will remain the same.

Regards

Deepak

Remember to rate helpful posts so that it can stay on top and help others as well with the same kind of issue in community

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: