cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SOAP/AXL to pull the numbers

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We need to change 1000 existing extensions in CM to new range.

Since there are lot of 2/3 lines and shared lines phones. I need some kind of tool/App so I can pull existing numbers from CM SQL database to Excel and replace it.

Even if I can't replace the numbers at least if I can pull the existing database to Excel that would be great.

I was checking on this forum more engr's are using this SOAP/AXL for similar requirement.

I have no experience on this SOAP/AXL so I need our experts advice how to do this.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Balu

19 Replies 19

No Cisco won't support updating DN using SQL querries. I did some manual changes and some using SQL with the help of a DBA. You should be able to update certain rows in a particular Table in SQL for Example "External Number Mask" but not DN because it is linked in three tables.

BAT may be a good option if you really familiar with that tool but it works well when you import and modify but not good for export and re-import options.

HTH

Bala

Hi,

So everybody don't recommand me to use a query, but BAT or AXL.

I am familiar with Bat, but it's not convenient to export and import after.

Because when you export all data, you have too much info that you must parse and sort ...

You can choose to export only some details but it's too few :(

The export was better in CCM 3.3.4

I will also post my question on CCM forum

Thanks

Thierry

Hi,

I believe you are pulling from three tables (Device, DeviceNumPlanMap and NumPlan). Is there a way to know which table will contain the CFA/CFB/CFNA information from a line?

I am trying to have IPCCX (version 4.0.5) pull CFA/CFB/CFNA information for a phone line, but in the "DB Get" step it asks for a Table. I can enter Device, DeviceNumPlanMap or NumPlan, but I have to pick one (it doesn't seem to accept a SELECT statement).

Thanks - Rob.

p.s. CallManager 4.1(3).

CFA,CFB and CFNA will be in NumPlan table for all devices.

We are running CM 4.1.3 SR 3a