Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Social Miner 9.0 Facebook Reply error

Hi,

We have completed the Social Miner installation as well as have configured the Facbook Fanpage and twitter feeds. We have installed the latest COP file for version 9.0.1 as well.

The problem we are facing is that we are able to see only the feeds from Facebook but we are not able to reply. We get the error in Firefox as there was an error posting the comment on facebook.Unknown Third party error.

I have attached the error. Please advise if thisis an authentication issue or if its better to open a case with TAC?
Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like it's an account issue and pretty easy to fix.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud44253

david

10 REPLIES

Looks like it's an account issue and pretty easy to fix.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud44253

david

I've done reauthorize but

I've done reauthorize but still could not, pull the data could but failed post to facebook

Might seem silly, but have

Might seem silly, but have you tried bouncing SM?

david

Thx david for reply, Can you

Thx david for reply,

Can you explain the steps to bouncing SM?

SM version platform-csa-9.0.1-cop-4.cop

Like any Cisco appliance:

Like any Cisco appliance: utils system restart

david

I have done but still the

I have done but still the same error, is there another way?

thx, 

Esraldi

I am also facing the similar

I am also facing the similar issue with Socialminer all of a sudden. I tested this successfully 2 weeks back. After that I accessed the server yesterday only. Is this due to any API changes from Facebook side? Has anyone got the resolution for this From the previous comments I understand that other users are experiencing this issue for past 1 week

Is there someone who can help

Is there someone who can help???

PLEASE HELP our problem.....

PLEASE HELP our problem.....

It is a defect CSCuo95524 The

It is a defect CSCuo95524

The reason: – FB changed their permissions so:

Symptom:

User tries to reply to a Facebook post, or like or unlike a post, and gets the following error: "There was an error posting the comment to Facebook Unknown Third Party Error"

Conditions:

SocialMiner Facebook feed authenticated to Facebook page using Facebook Admin user.

Workaround:

Facebook has changed their permissions.  To work around the problem, create a new Facebook user who has permission to post to the page, but is not an admin user.  Reauthenticate the SocialMiner Facebook feed with this new user.

Views
Helpful
Replies