cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner and IM Notifications with CUPS

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any documentation on how to setup Social Miner with CUPS for IM Notification?  I've tried multiple different setups but can't get it to connect, it always shows disconnected.  If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

6 Replies 6

rwhitese
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to try connecting to the CUPS server using something like the Pidgin client with the same credentials? If two different clients are having connection problems, that MIGHT point to an issue with CUPS.

I'm using my account so I use CUPC everyday and I am able to log in using Pidgin.

Here are my settings on SocialMiner

XMPP Server

Yes

No

chat.domain.com

tcassell

Here are my settings on Pidgin

Username:

tcassell

Domain:

domain.com

Then on the advanced tab

Connection port:

Connect server:

chat.domain.com

I still have a red X on the Social Miner XMPP status.

famous
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried all kinds of different settings without luck.  Here's what I see in the warn.log file when I restart the XMPP Service.

2011.09.29 14:09:58 Admin console: Using RSA certificates but they are not valid for the hosted domain
2011.09.29 14:09:59 HTTP binding: Using RSA certificates but they are not valid for the hosted domain
2011.09.29 14:10:02 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
2011.09.29 14:10:02 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody able to help with this?

Thanks

Travis

so I opened a PDI Case and the BU said they were aware of the issue and hope to fix it in 8.5(5)...in January. Hard to believe that several versions have been put out that this doesn't work in makes me think not everything is tested. Oh well, I guess I'll wait til January.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: