Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Social Miner Facebook Fan Page configuration issue

Dears,

I'm trying to configure a Facebook Fan Page on Social Miner. When I clicked "Get Post Authorization", a facebook login page requested a username and password. once I added the credentials of the facebook account that has admin permissions on the page, I faced an HTTP 404 Not Found error that the page cannot be found. 

On the Social Miner interface, the state of the feed is down and the error is that the Proxy Server requires authentication. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Lara Noueir

• Contact Center
1 REPLY

Hi Lara,Please let me know

Hi Lara,

Please let me know the Social miner version you are using?

Does your socail miner server require proxy to access internet? If not, you can take out the proxy configuration.

Also regarding Authorization using Facebook account with admin priviliges, Workaround are as follows:

Workaround: CSCuo95524
Facebook has changed their permissions. To work around the problem, create a new Facebook user who has permission to post comments to the page, but is not an Facebook page admin user. Re-authenticate the SocialMiner Facebook feed with this new user.

Please let us know the version you are using.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.