Views
Helpful
Replies

Socialminer install

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive got the UCSInstall_CCP_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.4 file to deply Socialminer. Im installing it on a UCS-C200M2-VCD2 and have followed the directions on the wiki.

When i try to boot from the iso i just get a blinking cursor. Ive checked the MD5 and they match too.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Exactly...the wiki stills clear on that:

"SocialMiner Release 8.5(4) is an upgrade to release 8.5(1). Upgrades  are cumulative and must be installed over the base release. This means  that:

• You must have installed the base release —SocialMiner Release 8.5(1). SocialMiner 8.5(1) installation is documented in the SocialMiner 8.5(1) User Guide.

And yes, those versions are not booteable, so yes I guess you would need to wait for the base version.

Gabriel

Please rate helpful post.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Have you install the base 8.5.1 before trying to install 8.5.4?

Gabriel.

no as its not avaliable as a download. Im just waiting for 8.5.3 to complete and i will try that.

Cheers

Jon

So you already had 8.5.1 installed? According to the wiki, you must need 8.5.1 before applying any upgrade. You can upgrade directly from 8.5.1 to 8.5.4. If you have 8.5.2 you need to move first to 8.5.3 and after that to 8.5.4. I don't know if this changed now.

Gabriel.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jon,

Did you check the " Connect at Power on " box as shown in screenshot below ?

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Yep got all that right. I tried the 8.5.3 last night but thats not bootable either. It looks like i will have to sit tight and wait for the media kit to arrive and assume its 8.5.1

If anyone has managed to boot from 8.5.3/4 please let me know.

Exactly...the wiki stills clear on that:

"SocialMiner Release 8.5(4) is an upgrade to release 8.5(1). Upgrades  are cumulative and must be installed over the base release. This means  that:

• You must have installed the base release —SocialMiner Release 8.5(1). SocialMiner 8.5(1) installation is documented in the SocialMiner 8.5(1) User Guide.

And yes, those versions are not booteable, so yes I guess you would need to wait for the base version.

Gabriel

Please rate helpful post.

Ah got it! No need to wait

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Is there any way of using an AD account with the proxy configuration? or do you have to add an exeption?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: