cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speaking the time in queue

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Currently if a person calls our contact center they are not told how long the approximate wait time would be. Is there an easy way to add to a script what the approximate wait time will be. I am starting to go thorugh the possible commands to see if one of them will give me the time. Any pointers where I could look? Our setup is:

UCM version 7.1.3.32900-4

UCCX version 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Thanks much for any pointers. This seems like it would be a common thing, but I must not be Binging or Googleing the correct info since I can not find anything.

Thanks much for any help!

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Does anyone bing?

At any rate, what you need is a Get Reporting Statistic step; this returns a number in a String variable that represents the wait time in seconds (assuming you select 'Expected Wait Time', exactly specify the CSQ name in a case-sensitive fashion, and have the CSQ in a state where a time can be calculated realistically - i.e. you have agents available in it). If you get something wrong you'll get a -1 back, and you should apply some logical tests to the returned value to make sure it's sensible before playing it out.

In terms of playout, you can generate a numeric prompt with the Cisco Lady's voice, but you're generally better to record your own in my opinion.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Does anyone bing?

At any rate, what you need is a Get Reporting Statistic step; this returns a number in a String variable that represents the wait time in seconds (assuming you select 'Expected Wait Time', exactly specify the CSQ name in a case-sensitive fashion, and have the CSQ in a state where a time can be calculated realistically - i.e. you have agents available in it). If you get something wrong you'll get a -1 back, and you should apply some logical tests to the returned value to make sure it's sensible before playing it out.

In terms of playout, you can generate a numeric prompt with the Cisco Lady's voice, but you're generally better to record your own in my opinion.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Now I found script after saying I could not For anyone else looking, the scripts in this thread are taking me the correct way/

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/47539

Pretty cool. Thanks for anyone who read this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: