cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPEECH CONNECT AND SPEECHVIEW - SPANISH?

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to know if Speech Connect and SpeechView are going to support other languages apart from US English.

Besides that, I can read that Speech Connect needs the Nuance 9.0 speech engine.Is it included? Must I buy it to Nuance?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking for SpeechView for Unity Connection?

If so there is no need for additional hardware, this is a service level feature with monthly/annual fee where you send the messages offsite for transcription.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/ps10671/data_sheet_c78-609206.html

HTH,

Chris

Hi

Speech Connect is the dial-by-speaking-a-name feature of CUC. It only supports US English unfortunately - meaning US prompts, and US pronunciations of names need to be used when you talk to it!

It doesn't even support languages that the old Speech Connect for Unity supported such as UK English, which is annoying.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can anybody recommend me a cheap ASR multilanguage solution? Thanks!

For what product?  UCCE, UCCX, UCON?

Chris

UCCX. Thanks!

Only supported ASR engines are what is listed in SRND, everything else would cause you more headache than it's worth and at the end of the day most likely will not work, ASR is not a simple technology to take that risk.

"Nuance, Scansoft, and IBM are the only ASR and TTS providers that have been tested and will be supported"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: