Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL 2005 Upgrade

tkrisher193
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I upgraded my UCCE environment to CCE 7.5.5 in May but have not upgraded the Logger, HDS & AW databases to SQL 2005 yet.

Our standard procedure is to give at least 48 hour notice of a potential outage to service and I have missed that deadline due to lab testing and issues.

My question is regarding the 90 day window after the initial upgrade and what effect will it have on my databases if I do not upgrade it by before the 90 days is up?

So far I have not seen any notifications regarding the necessity of an upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Troy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonprescott
Level 1
Level 1

You should have no issues.  90 days is an official supportability stance.  they want you to go to SQL 2005 as soon as possible, but you system will not cease to function after that 90 days expire.

If you were to open a service request they may ask you to upgrade before they perform any troubleshooting on your issue, so it would be in your best interest to upgrade as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasonprescott
Level 1
Level 1

You should have no issues.  90 days is an official supportability stance.  they want you to go to SQL 2005 as soon as possible, but you system will not cease to function after that 90 days expire.

If you were to open a service request they may ask you to upgrade before they perform any troubleshooting on your issue, so it would be in your best interest to upgrade as soon as possible.

Thanks Jason.

If figured they wouldn't just shut it down, but I wanted to make sure.

Best regards,

Troy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: