Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck in RunExt.Script

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

I just have a very strange issue :

-          I Created this ICM Script ( See Attachment )

-          The problem is that the call is disconnected after playing the .wav file and the call is stuck in RunExt.Script Node . ( highlighted in RED )

-          No calls are routed out of this Node . !!!

Any idea or where to look would be greatly appreciated .

Note : Iam using ICM 7 and CVP 7

Thanks in Advance ,

Ahmed Salah

8 Replies 8

valiegenus
Level 1
Level 1

i think you must add 'set veriable 'node to point to the media server before 'sent to VRU ' node and then:

1-doubel check that the audio file is in the right format as attached.

2-make sure that you copied the media file in the proper media server.

3- configure the media file in the ICM configuration manager'network vru script list'

'

@valiegenus

1- I copied the file from the media files inside the CVP ( the file is played normally )

2- Yes , Verrified that , i test that by accessing the file like that : http://mediaserver/en-us/app/xyz.wav ...

3- if u mean by that : PM,mediafile .. then yes ..

Ahmed Salah

1- I copied the file from the media files inside the CVP ( the file is played normally )

2- Yes , Verrified that , i test that by accessing the file like that : http://mediaserver/en-us/app/xyz.wav ...

3- if u mean by that : PM,mediafile .. then yes .

When you access the file through that URL with the keyword "mediaserver" using your browser to check, how do you resolve it to get the IP address? Do you have an entry in your etc\hosts file? If you do, then you need a similar entry in the "ip host" table of the gateway.

Remember - the IOS Voice Browser has to render the VXML files supplied by the CVP Call Server, so it has to resolve all indirect references.

Is the microapp PM_Greeting (PM,xyz) assigned to the same customer as is assigned to the label for the CVP.RC on the NVRU, and on the Dialed Number associated with the call type that runs your script?

Really, unless you have separate customers you should line these all up and make them the same. You should also set the customer in your Script Explorer and put the scripts under there. All neat and tidy.

Finally, check the CVP error log. You will find the error.

Regards,

Geoff

When you access the file through that URL with the keyword "mediaserver" using your browser to check, how do you resolve it to get the IP address? Do you have an entry in your etc\hosts file? If you do, then you need a similar entry in the "ip host" table of the gateway.

Remember - the IOS Voice Browser has to render the VXML files supplied by the CVP Call Server, so it has to resolve all indirect references.

Actually , i always don't rely on using DNS as it makes a lot of problems , so i use http://mediaserverIP/en-us/app/xyz.wav ...

and as i explained , the wav files is played normaly without any problems during the Script .

i guess that solves this point .

Is the microapp PM_Greeting (PM,xyz) assigned to the same customer as is assigned to the label for the CVP.RC on the NVRU, and on the Dialed Number associated with the call type that runs your script?

Really, unless you have separate customers you should line these all up and make them the same. You should also set the customer in your Script Explorer and put the scripts under there. All neat and tidy.

Finally, check the CVP error log. You will find the error.

I only have one customer and i assigned everything to him ,

any way i'll double check that , also i will post a CVP error log after checking all that again .

Actually , i always don't rely on using DNS as it makes a lot of problems , so i use http://mediaserverIP/en-us/app/xyz.wav ...

and as i explained , the wav files is played normaly without any problems during the Script .

i guess that solves this point

I was not talking about DNS at all. I was talking about the voice gateway resolving the key word "mediaserver" to an IP address.

If you use the IP address, which you seem to be saying (and I missed the "IP" on first reading), you lose out on a significant piece of fault tolerance for microapps built into the CVP Call Server. The idea is to set the keyword in the ICM script, then define a primary and a backup on the voice gateway through the IP host table like so:

no ip domain lookup

ip host mediaserver 192.168.0.5

ip host mediaserver-backup 192.168.0.6

If the Call Server fails to play a WAV file it will append "-backup" and reconstruct the VXML page and resend it to the gateway. If 192.168.0.5 is down, and 192.168.0.6 is up, your microapp will work.

The best practice is to avoid IP addresses in the ICM scripts for your Media Stores and CVP VXML servers.

Regards,

Geoff

I was not talking about DNS at all. I was talking about the voice gateway resolving the key word "mediaserver" to an IP address.

If you use the IP address, which you seem to be saying (and I missed the "IP" on first reading), you lose out on a significant piece of fault tolerance for microapps built into the CVP Call Server. The idea is to set the keyword in the ICM script, then define a primary and a backup on the voice gateway through the IP host table like so:

no ip domain lookup

ip host mediaserver 192.168.0.5

ip host mediaserver-backup 192.168.0.6

If the Call Server fails to play a WAV file it will append "-backup" and reconstruct the VXML page and resend it to the gateway. If 192.168.0.5 is down, and 192.168.0.6 is up, your microapp will work.

The best practice is to avoid IP addresses in the ICM scripts for your Media Stores and CVP VXML servers.

Regards,

Geoff

- I've done that . and the wav file is played normally ..

- the problem as i described : is that after playing the wav file , The call is disconnected and in the ICM Monitoring mode i can see that the call is not going out of the RunExt.Script Node whether correct or wrong path .( Please take alook at the Image from my original Post )

Thanks .

Ahmed Salah

i think you must add 'set veriable 'node to point to the media server before 'sent to VRU ' node and then:

No, this is muddled thinking. The FIRST NODE in your CVP entry script should be your explicit "Send to VRU" node. Don't rely on the implict "Send To VRU" that occurs in a Run External Script or Queue to Skill Group.

The fact is, if the Send to VRU fails there was no point in setting any ECC variables. If you think you need to set some variables before Send to VRU, then you don't really understand how that funny little node works - and you need to put on your thinking cap.

1-doubel check that the audio file is in the right format as attached.

2-make sure that you copied the media file in the proper media server.

3- configure the media file in the ICM configuration manager'network vru script list'

Yes, yes and yes. But he probably has that.

Regards,

Geoff

gall00004
Level 1
Level 1

The first place I would be looking here would be the VXML gateway.  Have you tried reloading all of the required TCL and WAV files onto the VXML gateway?  Also would be good to check the CVP Error Log as well as turn up some basic gateway debug's to see what you are getting.

Also, when you are placing your call, this is the first script the call hits correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: