Helpful
Replies

Sub-skill groups configuration

Vikram Kachale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need following info,

1 Data I need to gather for configuration of Sub-skill group configuration from customer

2 configuration documentation for same.

3 important points which I should highlight while in doc.

regards,

Vikram

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I've no idea what switch you have, but if this is CUCM, do not use sub-skills.

Regards,

Geoff

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vikram,

as Geoff is saying you should not implement them for IPCC, for most of the other ACDs it should be all autoconfiguration.

Here is what I wrote about subs some time ago:

Subskillgroup enablement:

I think the main benefit of sub-skill groups is that it provides the ability to have a built in overflow group.

Some set of agents would be in the primary group, if no one is available for x amount of time, the script would try the overflow group.

In this way, you can see when a secondary agent takes a call what skill group it was meant for when looking at skill group or agent skill group reports.

You can do this because the overflow group is specific to the skill group.

The other way to do it is to have one catch all skill group which serves as an overflow for all skill groups.

If any skill group does not get serviced in x amount of time, dump out to the overflow which all agents are a member of. This works functionally, but you lose a level of detail in reporting.

If you have 5 skill groups in contact center and one catch all overflow group, when an agent takes a call on the overflow, you lose track at a skill group level what the call was intended for.

You really can't tell which skill groups are understaffed by looking at the catch all overflow.

Having a distinct overflow for each skill group will let you know which types of calls a particular agent took, or how many calls did or did not get handled by a particular primary group.

You can do the same thing today by using skill groups and enterprise skill groups instead of subgroups and skill group roll ups.

It just requires about 6 more steps to add a separate overflow skill group and then add an enterprise skill group, and then set up an appropriate report.

With sub-groups, these steps are pretty much built in.

Another place where I see sub-skill groups being useful is when you are trying to set up language support for different skills."

Regards,

Riccardo

PS. Please remember to rate useful posts

Thx Reccardo for giving such useful info to me.

I am olanning to prepare document based on following points but not getting exact info which I should add in the document before confiring it and just to add the explanation given in pr evious post covers point nunber 1 and 2 of my doc.appriciate if u ca forward some config doc on same,

The points are follows,

1 Overview - The overview will have the information about the sub-skill group.

2 Recommendations - Why sub-skill groups are recommanded,its advatages and disadvatages.

3 Approach - step by step configuration plan of subskillgroup and if this is migration then plan of migration.

4 Configuration - actual configuration of sub-skill group

5 Conclusion-UAT plan

regards,Vikram

Hi wikram,

there are not many docs describing all this, we are recommending NOT to use subskillgroups, it is lot better for reporting purposes to define enterprise skill group and then use the skillgroup as a subskillgroup of the enterprise one, it gives the same result and it gives also the right reporting.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: