Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

The problem here is,

1st of all we allow users to choose a language. Then they can choose the skill group from 2 options. SO these are the two primary skills that we have now what we want to do is we have different agents with different language preference. i.e In primary skill group 1 we have 2 agents,Agent1 can speak English well and Agent2 can speak french well so we need to put these sub skill also in consideration that after user choose the language as English and then choose primary skill group 1 and if Agent1 is awailable he should be given priority over agent2.

Can anyone help in this scenario.

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (6)
6 REPLIES

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

Hi,

Cisco discourages using Sub-skill groups. They are there for historical reasons, but you should not use them.

If there are not too many options, you may create different skill groups based on the language_skill combination. Eg.

- English_Printers

- English_Computers

- English_Terminals

- French_Printers

- French_Terminals and so on.

And then just assign the skill groups to agents (remember, one agent may be a member of multiple skill groups).

Or just wait for the UCCE 9.0 release - there's that precision routing thing that may cover what you need.

Or if you can't wait then use an external database ad let it tell your ICM script who to route this call to - actually, our company sells such a solution so drop me a line if you are interested.

G.

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

Do not use sub-skillgroups, they are not worth the hassle and reporting isn't as clean as it should be.  Like it was said above, use different skill groups like English_Primary for strong English speakers English_Secondary for ok English speakers, etc.  Then use a queue to skillgroup node and use the consider if node to ensure that you always try to get a primary agent first.

david

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

I concur with David here (+5), in addition you may want to consider upgrading to UCCE 9.0 and take advantage of precision routing feature which allows you to build pretty flexible and powerful queues.

HTH,

Chris

Re: Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

Cderen,

I don't want to be a whining little attention whore, but why is my answer worse than David's (0 points)?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

Gergely,

I apologies, I don't know why but I completely skipped your message when reading this post.  My sincere apologies, and well deserved +5 to you :-)

Chris

Bronze

Sub-skills in UCCE 8.5

Just to piggy back on all of the points above and to provide even more reason to absolutely stay away from UCCE subskills, let it be known that subskills have been deprecated in v9 for UCCE peripherals. See snippet below from release notes.

As of Release 9.0(1), sub-skill groups are not supported in Unified CCE 9.0(1). Support for sub-skill

groups continues, however, for Unified ICM 9.0(1) – and thus for the following TDM peripheral gateways:

Avaya (Definity), Avaya Aura CC (Symposium), and Aspect Spectrum (Rockwell).

You cannot upgrade to Unified CCE 9.0(1) until all Unified CCE sub-skill groups are removed from the

older system. Any attempt to upgrade to Unified CCE 9.0(1) while Unified CCE sub-skill groups are

present will fail

Views
Helpful
Replies