Supervisor Desktop Barge, Intercept and Monitoring
i have installed ipccx 7 in HA with cucm 6.1(4). I want to know whether i need to do some configuration (on cucm) for barge and intercept option on CSD to work or it works by default.. secondary can i configure both the IPCCX servers for monitoring purpose.. i am asking this because cisco desktop administrator is allowing me to enter one ipccx against mac address of ip phone..i am using 7970 IP Phone..
Re: Supervisor Desktop Barge, Intercept and Monitoring
Barge/Intercept basically use CTI to force a conference or transfer on an agent.
The only requirements for that to work are:
1) Supervisor and Agent phones are associated to the RM user (should be done already, or they can't log into the agent)
2) Supervisor is logged in to Agent to enable the function
Monitoring uses either SPAN of the edge ports to the UCCX server NIC (the old way) or uses the CAD software to monitor the packets and send them to the server. The server you assign on the Desktop Admin program is the default, but it will switch to the other (in fact, the recordings are load balanced between the servers). You would enable the Monitoring and Recording service on both servers.
Virtually all installs use the Desktop Monitoring option... for this:
1) You must be using CAD (not IPPA or CAD-BE)
2) You must have your Agent PCs connected to the PC port of their handset
3) You must have the SPAN to PC Port option set to enabled on the CCM phone configuration (verify this is working by running a packet capture on a laptop plugged into the PC port on the phone - if you see UDP when running a call, you are OK)
4) Your PC must be able to pick up the dot1q UDP packets from the phone - again, if you run a packet capture on the PC and can see the UDP when on a call, it is working). Some NICs can't do this, and some need configuration to allow promiscuous captures.
Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...