Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Synchronize HDS

Summary: Hi

I am designing an UCCE with HA but my customer have a question that I don't know how to answer.

My customer asks:

If we have AW-HDS-DDS side A and AW-HDS-DDS side B.

AW-HDS-DDS A pointing to CC A
AW-HDS-DDS B pointing to CC B

and we lost for some reason side B then after some days we restore side B.

What happen with my historical information.

AW-HDS-DDS B syncs with side A?

Or is there some process for sync that databases for that them have the same information?

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

if your Logger b is down,

if your Logger b is down, then your hds replication stops working.

after you successfully restore logger b (if logger is down less than 12 hours then it automatically syncs it self with side, but if downtime is more than 12 hours then you have to manually re sync DB to Logger A).

after logger successfully gets restored, it replicated data to your HDS based on recovery keys which logger and HDS has.

if you have done the restoration from Database (sql back up and restore), than you may need to truncate recovery table on HDS and bounce HDS process to follow new recovery keys.

Regards

Chintan

By default logger retains 14

By default logger retains 14 days of  historical data and this thing you configure at logger installation, see attached.

if you are restoring logger after 2 months, you need to restore logger from its peer (logger A).

in this case logger A will have only last 14 days of data so logger B will get the same. and the same data will get replicated to HDS.

so in this case you may lose, 46 days of data in HDS side B.

there is one maual way to recover this data is, import it from Side A  HDS and inject it into Side B HDS, by sql import and export wizard.(you can copy data from tables for particular span of time, and inject them into target database)  

below is how to manually restore logger:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-intelligent-contact-management-software/117650-probsol-loggers-00.html

regards

Chintan

3 REPLIES

if your Logger b is down,

if your Logger b is down, then your hds replication stops working.

after you successfully restore logger b (if logger is down less than 12 hours then it automatically syncs it self with side, but if downtime is more than 12 hours then you have to manually re sync DB to Logger A).

after logger successfully gets restored, it replicated data to your HDS based on recovery keys which logger and HDS has.

if you have done the restoration from Database (sql back up and restore), than you may need to truncate recovery table on HDS and bounce HDS process to follow new recovery keys.

Regards

Chintan

Hi ChintanThank you for your

Hi Chintan

Thank you for your answer. 

I have another question. 

What happen if my side B is down, i don't know, 2 months and then I start my side B? 

Is the same process for syncs my HDS B?

Regards.

By default logger retains 14

By default logger retains 14 days of  historical data and this thing you configure at logger installation, see attached.

if you are restoring logger after 2 months, you need to restore logger from its peer (logger A).

in this case logger A will have only last 14 days of data so logger B will get the same. and the same data will get replicated to HDS.

so in this case you may lose, 46 days of data in HDS side B.

there is one maual way to recover this data is, import it from Side A  HDS and inject it into Side B HDS, by sql import and export wizard.(you can copy data from tables for particular span of time, and inject them into target database)  

below is how to manually restore logger:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-intelligent-contact-management-software/117650-probsol-loggers-00.html

regards

Chintan

Views
Helpful
Replies