Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

tom

The Callers announced placement in the Q does not decrement/decrease

Cisco Application Administration 5.0(2)SR02_Build045

Package: Unified CCX Standard

Hi Guys I am trying to help out a Client with this.

With their Contact Center everything works fine for the most part. The same basic .aef script is used throughout the different Q’s or Call Centers.

But with one of the Q’s the Callers placement in the Q does not decrement as callers are cycled through. In other words if you come into the Q as Caller 3 and you are announced as caller 3 you stay as announced caller 3 until your call is answered.

In actuality you are caller 2 and then 1 and then answered.

So the mechanics of this work fine, callers are cycled through but it tells them the wrong position.

I am not an expert with the Contact Center Script so I am not sure what I am looking for or what it is called. If it had a hint I could probably fix it.

Thanks, Tom

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: The Callers announced placement in the Q does not decrement/

I see the issue.

Your "Get Reporting Statistic" step is at the top of the script.  So at the beginning of the script, that value is being set.  When a caller goes through the script, it will loop them through, but not from the beginning.  It will take them to the top of the loop, which doesn't reset the value of the "PositionInQueue" variable.

Simple fix would be to move your "queueLoop" label up to be the first step immediately under "Queued".

I've reattached the script for you to see.

So basically what this will do now is anytime a caller cycles through the script and comes back to the "queueLoop" step, it will reacquire the position in queue, and play that new value to the caller (assuming the value has changed).

If you do not want to move the label step up, the other option would be to leave the label where it is, and put a copy of the "Get Reporting Statistic" step immediately under the label, so that it is the first step in the loop everytime.

You want to upload the script from the UCCX Administration - Script Management.

When you load it through Script Management, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the previous version (yes), then it will ask you if you want to "Refresh The Script" or "Return to Script Management" (choose Refresh).  It will then ask you if you want to refresh the script and the application, just the script, or cancel (choose Yes to refresh script and app).

Doing it this way will refresh everything for you, and any changes you made to the script as far as parameters go will now be visible in the application, and your script will be active.

As with any change, always best to do it during a safe maintenance window.  I would also save a copy of the current active script somewhere, in case you need to revert back to it for some reason.

8 REPLIES

The Callers announced placement in the Q does not decrement/decr

Can you attach the script or a screen shot of the section of the script that plays the position?

tom

Andrew..Here is the script and a pic of the app.

If nothing else I would just like to shut of the announcement all together or just play music.

Thanks Tom

I see the issue.

Your "Get Reporting Statistic" step is at the top of the script.  So at the beginning of the script, that value is being set.  When a caller goes through the script, it will loop them through, but not from the beginning.  It will take them to the top of the loop, which doesn't reset the value of the "PositionInQueue" variable.

Simple fix would be to move your "queueLoop" label up to be the first step immediately under "Queued".

I've reattached the script for you to see.

So basically what this will do now is anytime a caller cycles through the script and comes back to the "queueLoop" step, it will reacquire the position in queue, and play that new value to the caller (assuming the value has changed).

If you do not want to move the label step up, the other option would be to leave the label where it is, and put a copy of the "Get Reporting Statistic" step immediately under the label, so that it is the first step in the loop everytime.

tom

Andrew..Awesome…Thanks

It took me a few minutes to see what you where talking about.

Yes.. I like your idea simple fix move queue loop up.

I will up load the new script this week end and see how it works and give you an update.

Thanks Again Tom

tom

Andrew, sorry one other question on this and I will leave you alone. I think you would agree the problem was a relatively simple one. It was a matter of moving the "Get Reporting Statistic" directly up under the queueLoop:

My question is this, would it be risky to do this on the (Live) script in the application?...Mine lives in this directory C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Scripts\user\default and then do a quick save.

The files called DSS-1-21-11v2.aef. And then do I need to reload it or something from here.

Or will simply saving it be enough? Thanks Tom

Andrew...of course I would do this in off hours...

You want to upload the script from the UCCX Administration - Script Management.

When you load it through Script Management, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the previous version (yes), then it will ask you if you want to "Refresh The Script" or "Return to Script Management" (choose Refresh).  It will then ask you if you want to refresh the script and the application, just the script, or cancel (choose Yes to refresh script and app).

Doing it this way will refresh everything for you, and any changes you made to the script as far as parameters go will now be visible in the application, and your script will be active.

As with any change, always best to do it during a safe maintenance window.  I would also save a copy of the current active script somewhere, in case you need to revert back to it for some reason.

tom

Andrew....the new script is working perfectly...Thanks for your help.

Excellent, glad to hear!

Views
Helpful
Replies