Views
Helpful
Replies

The device is restricted.Can not login.

dark326758
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

When i want to login as an agent to "cisco agent desktop" i get the error "The device is restricted.Can not login." .The weird thing is that when i set up ip communicator with the same number ( DN ) it works flawlessly but when i set up 7931 ip  phone i get this error.What can i do  ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

With UCCE 793X is not supported, if I remember correctly with UCCX the 7931G is supported.  So, what are you running and what exact type of phone do you have?

david

The 7931 is only supported in CCX 7.0(1). What version are you running?

Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide for Cisco  Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR

If you are running the CCX7, then make sure that the "Allow Control of Device from CTI" checkbox is selected on the Device config.

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Make sure that the device is not set for Outbound Rollover Mode. When rollover is configured, the isRestricted flag is set to True in the JTAPI messaging and it cannot be controlled by CTI. This was documented as part of CSCsm93156.

Thank you Ryan for your useful information...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: