cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The device is restricted. Cannot login.

rogerholdman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 9971 and I'm trying to login to cad 7.0(1) and the error is The device is restricted. Cannot login. The device is set to allow cti control. I had a 7965 which worked with no errors. I did have to create a special profile for this phone to enable fcp but aside from that nothing different. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roger

I assume UCCX version is 7.0(1),  if this is the case then 99XX model phones are not tested with 7.x version and they might not work. (by the way i tried in my lab server and CAD login fails with the same error)

These phones are tested with UCCX 8.x version

Hope this helps

Regards

Anuj

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roger

I assume UCCX version is 7.0(1),  if this is the case then 99XX model phones are not tested with 7.x version and they might not work. (by the way i tried in my lab server and CAD login fails with the same error)

These phones are tested with UCCX 8.x version

Hope this helps

Regards

Anuj

Hi Anuj, thank you for the info. We are using uccx 7.0(1) and I do have plans to move to v8 so that is good news that I can use the 9971, thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: